mike2011
Hi,
I worked for the MNC company but due to some reasons I left that company with intimating my management. I received the letters from the company stating my termination of duties from the organization. At the time of Joining in the Joining letter it was mention that if I quit from the job I need to serve the notice period of one month or need to pay one month gross salary.
But I was not in the condition to pay and that the reason didn't respond to their letters. Now recently I have received letter from the advocate agency ordering me to pay the dues and with the interest. and also saying If not paid by me in the specified time a legal proceedings will be start against me.
Just want to know if any action can be taken against me or Just they are the recovery agents who are collecting the amount on the behalf of the company.
Thanks
Mike Andrews

From India, Delhi
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Mr Mike Andrews,
You have not mentioned what country you were working in. Was it India or some other country?
From the write up that you have given, it appears that you have abandoned your duties and did not resign from the post. As far as India is concerned, an employee who abandons his/her duties, nothing can be done against him/her or at least I did not find any employer taking any legal action against an employee who abandoned his/her duties.
You need to check the prevailing labour laws of the country.
Ok...
Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.