No Tags Found!

Jyotisrao
Hi!
My name is Jyoti. I am working with one of the telecom company. I have joined this company before 2 months as an executive secretary. From the day I've joined there is no work and my boss has come before few days only and he has asked me to handle the front desk. I am not interested for this post. I was appointed as an executive secretary and i am doing the work of Receptionist. Shall I leave this job? Because whenever he says anything he doesn't allow the other person to say. Whatever he says we just have to listen that nothing else.
What should I do? Please suggest.
Thanks,
Jyoti

From Finland, Nokia
nitasha_kapoor2003
Jyoti,
Generally it happens but i would suggest there must be someone to whom u have to repot. Its better if u can talk with him and he is telling you that there is no work as per your level and for which u have joined this company. Its better to look for other job and once u get leave it....
But if u r working at both level then u should say to ur senior that becoz of this reception work u r not able to perform in the executive level.
regards
Nitasha kapoor

From India, New Delhi
Jyotisrao
Natasha,
I have to report to CEO himself and the way he talks that is pathetic I've never seen such boss in my 3 years of experience. He will say do this then if I'll do that then he'll say y u have not done that. I don't know what to do.He has never given me work which PA has to do and now he has asked me to handle the front desk.

From Finland, Nokia
nitasha_kapoor2003
This is really bad happening with you. What is the stregth of your company? Do u have any HR dept, to whom u can discuss the same? I feel they don't have work for you...thats why they r just using u as a receptionist or may be after some time they will tell u that they don't require you as u r a costlial receptionist....
if u dont find someone in your company who can help u in this situation then its a time to change ur job.
regards
Nitasha kapoor

From India, New Delhi
vishwa-deepak

Dear Jyoti,
Be bold and submit an application in writing about your Job and your unwillingness to attend to front desk on a regular basis.
Be very precise and to the point when you write the application. Further, keep a record of all the jobs you undertake. This will help you in getting a proper increment in due time.
Best regards,
Deepak

From India, Mumbai
sanjay simpi
Dear Jyoti,
It happens many a times . But should not happen in any professional company and if thats a telecom company.
Since I am in Ahmedabad i know many telecom industries. May be you should
contact your HR department and it would help you.
Or may be you could contact your recruitment consultants.
For Any assistance if you are in Ahmedabad you could surely be in touch with good consultants like OMAM, TASK, FACT UNITED etc.
Presently am working as Sr. Manager - HR.
Be bold and honest , dont just tug along....
Sanjay B. Simpi

monisha anand
Hi Jyoti
Since it has been two months and you are dissatissfied with your working level please be bold enough to speak to the HR manager and also put it in writing .
Monisha
Freelancer communication skills

From India, Hyderabad
M.Peer Mohamed Sardhar

Do a Self Analysis,,
What I Am after 5 years
What are Short Term & long Term Plans,,,
My Strengths & Weakness ( Areas to Improve)
How am I Strong in my Academic
Am I clear with Goals
Am I clear On what I need to accomplish,,,
Am I equipped to reach my goals,,,
Answer to all the above questions to yourself,,,
Do this Exercise in front of Mirror,, You will know whether you are saying Lies or Truth based on your Body Lanugage,,,
Take A Decision after that & that Decision will be 99.99% right,,,
Regards
M. Peer Mohamed Sardhar
91 93831 93832

From India, Coimbatore
sakshimalhotra

Dear Jyoti,
if the attitude of the CEO is pathetic, then it is unlikely to change because that is his basic nature. I would suggest that you seek an internal transfer in another dept. if the company is open to it. very often it happens that the company / hr may not take it lightly considering the fact that he is a very senior person. i have faced the same in my orgnaization. i would suggest that you also look for an option simultaneoulsy outside and the moment you get something, move on.

From India, Delhi
Beatrice Abena Appiah
HI Jyoti,
I must say i share your sentiment in the sense that i aws also asked to be a receptionist in a multinational manufacturing company even though my course was that of Public Relations. i now am secretary to two Heads of very important Department.
i tell you dear, the role of the secretary combines that of the receptionist for the person you are serving. Therefore, being a receptionist is like bing reduced of your reputation and rank.
Please act fast before you are made permanent in that position or even given a dismissal letter.
keep up the hope.
from Beatrice

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.