forough

Hi dear friends, Do you know about De-promotion policy?
It applies for an employee who has low performance and his/her level and salary should decrease.
Please help me regarding this issue and if you have some template.
Regards,
Forough

From Iran
ccdepindia@yahoo.co.in

Hi,
'De-promotion policy' in other words means demotion or reversion to a lower post. The Standing orders applicable to the company or the Service Rules, provide for demotion or reversion to a lower post by way of punishment. If an employee is found to be inefficient or not performing hs work satisfactorily, or found to have committed a serious misconduct, he is liable to be demoted to a lower post by way of punishment.
The punishment of 'demotion' is preceded by an enquiry where the employee is given an opportunity to put up his defence.
Cyril

From India, Nagpur
askhena

Hi
I am working with a National Level NGO. I have seen De-promotion takes place on the basis of performance. It is implemented during the time of confirmation . For an example, somebody is selected as Sr. Executive, but during the probation period, it is clearly identified that the person is not capable enough to carry on with the given designation, in Such cases, 1stly Probation period is extended and re-check if performance is upto the mark, if not then based on Job Descriptions & simultaneous evaluation De-promotion takes place.Generally it is a very rare event but De-Promotion do take place.
Regards,
Hena

From India, Delhi
Faygeorge

Hi
DE promotion as u say is not a widely used, but as discussed above it is used based on Perfomace and serious Miscounduct. which is very rare.
It is a way of demoting somefrom a senior position to a junior position.
regds
Fay

From Kuwait
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.