No Tags Found!

rajanassociates

Dear
Today "privacy" is put in the fore-front. Cafeteria is a public place and not the 'work-spot".If the Company interferes in the "private-issues" between the employees then there would be left no one to work and the Company has to close down.A small issue has been blown out of proportions.Also Software Industry is like any other Industry and let us not keep separate standards for it.
rajanassociates

From India, Bangalore
jramesh101
Poor guys, being 2009 passouts they would have behaved the same way as in college, it takes time to mould into a professional, as per agreement entered code of conduct has to be maintained within premises irrespective of work place/cafeteria, if this is the 1st instance of these guys being caught' perhaps your HR (hope they are not from military regime) could have been little flexible to warn and make them understand professional ethics as is teh role of Hr's, anyways they can certainly appeal to management..
From India, Madras
neonsworld

Dear Mani,

What most of my peers have been suggesting, and what you are also seeking, in my opinion, is an idealistic approach to this issue. Writing to Labour commissioner, filing for a review etc might be options open but using these options might end up in delaying the present situation and will distract your friends from focussing on the ONE thing they need to be doing - getting into the job hunt and maintaining continuity of employment.

On the other hand, what (Cite Contribution) and a few others have mentioned is a more pragmatic approach which will help your friends put their career back on track. Do not be so pessimistic in assuming that this incident has spoiled their career permanently. In the fluid nature of the workplace today, such incidents will be pardoned soon if they prove their merit in another job.

I must also express my appreciation for the appeal for rehabilitation made by (Cite Contribution) through this forum. It just goes to prove that CiteHR and its network can prove immensely useful to its members.

Regards,

From India, Mumbai
jiwan singh
First thing i want know about any one of them given complain to the management regarding the incident, Because this is happend in the cafteria not in workplace and this belong to both of mutul concern and argument.if something happend in hot argument and they both are realised their mistake and no one complin toward the management than there is no question arise to terminate. But they create some nonsense attitude both can be suspended for some days.
jiwan

From India, Delhi
babsi
I agree with abksatara.....today the guy slapped and tomorrow he might stab someone else..will you people just suspend him then?? it would be a matter of company's reputation then...its good that they are terminated. It might be a harsh punishment but since they are just 10months old in the office they could look out somewhere else where pinching, slapping and all the bla bla bla is allowed.
-Babsi

From India, Bangalore
gopirk
Hi, when this taken to HR. it to be consider and give warning letter or simple memo. but it is not necessary for termination. HR and Management to be consider. Thanks & Regards, Gopi. C
From India, Madras
skhadir

At the outset, there is no such law to terminate any employee based on such behaviour which has no impact on your company.
I can just say that, your company HR and Directors are out of their mind. Indeed they all are NARROW MINDED PERSONALITIES and doesn't know how to solve personal problems of their employees. These people should be sent for training in HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY where they will get a chance to learn about HUMAN BEHAVIOUR revealing ANGER & its related REACTIONS.
Its really painful to know that TIER-1 IT COMPANY is taking foolish decisions.
regards
khadir

From India, Chennai
yuyudin
Here's my two cents. The conduct of both parties was unprofessional for office premises. (What are they? 12?) Therefore, the management was right to terminate them. Whether they should've terminated both of them though is the question. Seriously. If you're in the office, you should behave properly.
Workplace violence is unacceptable. Next thing we know, it's ok to shoot someone because they had a "personal differences". The line has to be drawn here.

From India, Delhi
DeeJDeeJ

The careers of 2 fresh / young executives is marred if this small and harmless incident is taken so seriously. When both the people involved do not have an issue, there is no case of discrimination or harassment.
I think if both of them approach the topmost management and put in a sincere request and apologize then they should be back in their jobs with a small warning letter.
Surely many such harmless incidents take place in the work place which actually also helps in team building and increasing camaraderi.
Unless the HR has a different agenda, there was no reason for such harsh action for such young staff - youthful exuberance can be a positive and should not be made punishable.
Hope all goes well for both the 2 executives,
dj

From India, Mumbai
Evasingh
Hi all,
To reiterate the only ans to this situation is to follow the legal path now write a letter to Labour commissioner citing all the points and also attach the apology letter, termination letter & appointment letter with the letter. with cc to the CEO/head.
And yes if all of you are in favor of the victims get all the employees sign on the letter.

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.