plesehelp
Dear Freind, Even the organisation that I work for, which is an MNC and which has all the rules to protect its workers for such nuisance all across the globe but except for India, have hired such samples. Offcourse they are never in an inebriated state but use of filthy language/high pitch/lying is surely present. You can't just speak to them as they find every chance to pounce upon you. I have apprised my HR manager, who is in good books of my manager and who sits overseas about all this but in her view this could be simply because everyone is stressed out or annoyed at something or the other. In effect she has given these people more leverage to continue such gimmmicks quite against the moral ethics. Thanks, Pleasehelp
From India, Mumbai
aaneelu
Hi All, Its longtime I updated you. This is how is how it went so far : On-site manager, Sr Manager scheduled a meeting with me and him. But it never took and I/we were never informed communicated the reason why the meeting dint take place as scheduled. Our supervisor was asked to check with client about my technical gaps. Which my supervisor is not interested (as he feels it will give client an opportunity to complain (about him n others) in future directly to offshore. But there is no doubt that he took the dispute an opportunity to coordinate. I moved to another on-site location (part of client planning and great of my pushing) and shortly he will join me here soon. Client also never clarify on his claim that I have technical short-comings. So the bottom line he abused me yet he got what he wanted to (making an issue of my performance). Regarding the issue of clients call on my technical gaps (after a drunken fellow complain in the middle of night), I called the onsite manager and discussed : a. If client is not happy about my technical skills, why is he complaining after 16 months of service delivery? during which I earned 17% of more billing than I was expected of. b. I requested to get a detailed feedback from client so that I can improve or quit. c. 2007 I was working as an Oracle DBA supporting Peoplesoft. I was hired as 80:20 Oracle:Peoplesoft guy. I was trained 2 weeks of Peoplesoft at offshore. Onsite onboarding trained me to support Production System ( still 80:20 inview). I was assigned a Peoplesoft upgrade project (now it becomes 20:80). Performance exposed (obviously, no regrets). I was given 1 week of time. After 1 week manager walks up and pats me and says he is satisfied and encourages me to keep it up. So from 20:80 Oracle:Peoplesoft, I was trained 1 week for ITG(kintana) [requested by manager to stand by ITG Expert]. So now it became 50:50 Production Support : Change Management. And now I am here(in Singapore) a COE resource to share my wisdom (??) but assigned to Batch Engineering and ITG Engineering which are totally new (with this client). Doesn't look like a poor planning from Client and poor requirements gathering by my employer. But I accepted that it happens in IT I am eager to learn but quality of delivery can be expected as of expert level. I need time. Instead of addressing the core issue of personal abuse, the entire institution is working on clients lame call (not justified yet). I agree everyone is concerned of business what about employees.

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.