chintan04

Dear Abhi, Sateesh & Asha,
One of the main reason for me to move out was that, they were moving my profile from HR to Marketing, which I looked as a block to my professional career in HR, apart from this I was not sure regarding the financial stability of the organization.
Moreover the work environment was not helpful in learning new things nor employee friendly. The size of the organization when I joined was about 25-26, and in a year there were about 23 of them who resigned. Presently there are about 12 employees in the organization including top management.
The reason my ex-employer didnt want to loose me, was that I had performed far better than others in the team (in terms of generating revenue) but the organization did not have any performance parameters or evaluators.
Regards,
Chintan K Doshi

From India, Bangalore
tajsateesh

Hello Chintan,
You should have given all these inputs in your first posting itself.....else you would have run the risk of being misunderstood.
Coming to your issue, there are a few points I would like to highlight...basically looking @ it from different perspectives.
1) Though your interest lies in HR, did you ever realise that you do have a flair in marketing-hadn't it been for your boss's decision? And as you said, you seem to have been effective too...the reason why he didn't want to relieve you.

2) We will be always happy with those WHO WANT US, rather than WHOM WE WANT...this is true in career or life per se--except that you need to be clear on the REASONS why the other person/company wants you-there could be cases where the other side may want to just use you. But based on what you mentioned, I think the reasons why your ex-employer wanted you were :ONE he really trusted you & TWO he was impressed with your performance.
3) In the present situation of recession, I wouldn't blame him in moving you to marketing-expecially when half the people left. In a line, HE WAS BANKING ON YOU to tide over the present tough times. You should have discussed this issue openly with him....telling him that due to the situation you can handle marketing but would like to move back to HR as soon as the situation improves.
4) I am not sure the domain that company was in, but unless it's something totally down-the-tube scenario in that domain-meaning no chance of improving even after the recession is over, financial problems are pretty common all over the industry today. And did you give a thought to-how would your treatment be after the recession/improving of finances? I will bet my last penny on this--it will be great and you could be one of the trusted guys in the whole company, with added responsibilities.

5) You need to have BOTH short-term/immediate goals AS WELL AS long-term goals in life. I won't say I am right, but I do have a hunch that this opportunity that came your way COULD be aiding your long-term goals in some way-where mktg exposure could be a major plus for you. Many times it happens that way Chitan......while we are into the situation, we think: what's the hell is happening. But only later do we realise the 'why' part. Quite a few times, the chance is missed.

Now coming to the question: what to do now?--if this ex-boss was a man of word...basically meaning 'doesn't use people' [you will be the best judge on this], maybe you could consider going back to him and discussing your apprehensions threadbare. Be as plain as you can-after all everyone makes mistakes, but the ones who doesn't hesitate to correct them are the ones who go far in life. At least, give it a shot. The max what could happen is: he will say 'forget it'. I don't want to take you again [this could be possible if you had heated arguments in the recent past]. At least you did what you could.
And if you aren't welcome there, obviously you need to be prepared for the consequences for what you did...however well-meant or unknowingly.

And never ever quit a job...however lousy or whatever be the situation.....BEFORE YOU HAVE ANOTHER IN HAND--easier said than done, since I know HR guys doing it too-which is surprising.

Rgds,
TS

From India, Hyderabad
chintan04

Thanks for the inputs provided by you Taj Sateesh.
I will definately consider all the possibilities highlighted by you.
Thank you very much for taking your precious time and providing such valuable inputs.
And will certainly keep in mind the points mentioned by you before posting a query.
Regards,
Chintan K Doshi

From India, Bangalore
sudersonsarathy
Hi ,
I'm Suderson. Even I was also one of the victim for the above like incident. I worked in Vishwak Solutions, till yesterday. Day before yesterday I resigned the job and gave notice period till Nov-26-2010. I worked there for 7 months. The Management has decided not to give the papers what I need. I told them many times that I'd be in notice period.; But they didn't listen to it. Now I don't have my papers.What to do now !! Please do not join in Vishwak Solutions. You will lose your life. Constantly, this company is doing like this. They are saying some reason for sacking you. Can I go anything legally for getting it.???

From India, Madras
merajahamad
Name-Meraj Ahamad
Employed Id No. CM29963
Company name Hdfc Bank Ltd
Joining date 13 Agust 2013
Resigne date 19 May 2014
Designation. Sales officer
Location. Mumbai
HR office-. HDFC Bank:-. CMS - ENET Ops, Lodha - I Think techno campus, Office Floor 3. Opp : Crompton Greaves limited, Next to Kanjurmarg Railway Station Kanjurmarg Mumbai 400042
HR MANAGER-HUMAN RESOURCES
Name-LIJESH JAISHANKAR
Please sir send me experience , relieving and whomesover to concern letter urjent required
My email I'd - merajahamad578@gmail.com

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.