No Tags Found!

RHITWIKCU
I am a Geologist by profession and presently working as a Group A officer at Government Of West Bengal.
I joined the service in the year 2013 and since then I am working over here.
My service was confirmed in the year 2018.
Alongside my job I joined a part time PhD course at NIT Durgapur in the year 2017, after taking due permission from the Department. In the year 2021, I have taken a study leave for a period of 9 months , again after due approval from the Department. As a pre-condition to this leave, I was asked to execute a bond with the department , which stated that , as I was paid with the full salary during the leave period I have to complete 4 years of service to the department after returning from the aforesaid study leave; failing which I will have to pay an amount of Rs 4 lakhs to the department.

Immediately after returning from the leave I joined back my service and my department have utilized the output that I have generated during the study leave for fulfillment of criterion and completion of an World Bank funded project.

Now, my question is, if I resign from my service seeing better prospect at some other organization, then can the department reject my resignation and force me to pay the bond amount(4 lakhs)?

Kindly throw light on the issue and oblige.

From India, Jalpaiguri
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Rhitwicku,

Your post says that your organisation imposed the condition of "completing 4 years of service to the department". Have you fulfilled this condition? If you have not, then you are liable to pay the bond amount which is ₹4 Lakh.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Madhu.T.K

In addition to what Dinesh has stated, the leave was not even unpaid leave but paid leave and that would be more than Rs 4 lakh, I presume. Therefore, you are morally liable to pay the agreed amount. Since this is an arrangement for higher studies and the leave period has been regularised for all service matters, the requirement to serve for four years will not come under Bonded labour any way. If it is not possible to serve for 4 years but you can easily pay the amount and get relieved.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.