No Tags Found!

kalyani2010
I am an Engineer working in Dubai for the past 12 years..Recently I have joined in a company(2months back) and due to some reasons i want to leave my present job. Will i get a ban? what should i do to avoid ban? please provide all the related details..
From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
archana.mouli
Hi ,
The below message is according to my knowledge on labour ban.
Before answering your question, please find below the details required to conclude if there could be come ban or not.
1. Are you on company visa?
2. Is a Labour card issued ?
3. Have you signed the contract, if so is it limited or unlimited.
Also, with all details if you call the ministry of labour customer service , they will let you know about the ban.
If your sponsor is your spouse/father,then you will not have any problems.
Regards,
Archana

sallyvica
I want to have your help as well. I am working in an electromechanical maintenance company for more than one year. My duty time is from 08 am to 01pm and then 04 to 7:30 pm. But I almost work till 08pm and sometimes till 09 pm. Though I am working everyday for more than eight hours, my employer never gave me any over time. Moreover, I always feel humiliated by them and they keep on warning me that they will get imposed life ban on me. I work in my office just because of this fear. I work as a secretary, office girl, telephone operator, follow-up assistant and they also get my work for their accounting also. I am a graduate. Anyway, I just want to leave my company as I really dont wish to work even for a while. I am not worried for ban as i came to know that after depositing 5000 dirhams, i can get my ban lifted. But I am just worried that my employer can get imposed a life ban on me and i will not be able to come back to UAE again. Please advise me whether it is possible or just a rumor. I have signed an agreement for three years and have valid visa of this company also. My labour and Emirate cards are also been issued. Please help and just advise me how could i leave my company as soon as possible and how to solve these. Thanks.
From United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
archana.mouli
Hi Sally,
Referring to below explanation, I understand that you are in a limited contract, company Visa. Unfortunately, as per the UAE Labour Law Norms 2011 mentioned below, you will have to complete your limited contract.
Employee should work for the limited period as specified in the contract .
a. 1. Incase they work less than 2 years - 6 months Ban + one year ban from company
b. 2. Incase they work more than 2 years - no ban from MOL + one year ban from company.
To my understanding, company ban cannot be lifted only MOL ban can be lifted . Now MOL has streamlined the process of lifting ban.
A Company can impose a life ban only in the grounds of forgery /fraudlent and this must also be proved.
The best way to get information on the ban is that you can contact 800-665. My personal opinion is if you think that this company is abusing your rights, you can always contact MOL for suggestion and help.
Regards.
Archana

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.