No Tags Found!

Divya5583
Im on husband visa but have a one year employment ban from my previous company. Is it possible for me to work with any free zone company in uae? As per JAFZA, they recognize the labour ban and a person with labour ban cannot work with Jafza companies unless the ban period is completed. Does SAIF zone recognize this labour ban same like JAFZA?
From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Jessiejpr

Hi,
As far as I know free zones are not governed under ministry of Labour, it has it's own set of rules & regulations. So it allows candidates with labor ban to work in free zone companies unless your previous company is from free zone. We have hired candidates with similar history, unless the rules have changed recently.
Regards,
Jessie Joy

optimistguru

Hi Divya,
I am not sure whether your previous company was also under JAFZA. If you have worked in JAFZA before and previous company amended a ban on you to work in JAFZA. Otherwise, as mentioned by Jessie, you can work in other freezones.

ObayashiHR
Hi Divya, now there are two different issues being mentioned by you:
1. sponsorship under your spouse; and
2. ban from labour.
Ban from MoL can only happen IF the visa was issued by them. However, if you had continued to work while being under the sponsorship of your spouse than NO ban can be imposed by MoL. In such case maybe your previous employer is pulling a fast one on you. For your satisfaction, you can check the ban status from MoL.

Jessiejpr

Dear All,
Please check the latest press release on gulf news in regards to employees on dependent visa (father/husband) it says there will be a work ban on employees who have not completed the minimum required period irrespective of sponsorship. But since free zones visas are not governed by MOL, employees from freezone visa can work for other companies under MOL.
Regards,
Jessie Joy

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.