madhan.rk

Pls make it clear to that Retail organization that you are not in the position to provide exp / Re letter etc (due to the short notice period)...They (Retail) may not required your exp/rel.
From India, Delhi
rajanassociates

Dear
Experience Certificate is your right .On resignation you can get it .If some job profile which you were handling is ommited you can have it included by escalating it to the CEO.
With Regards

V.Sounder Rajan

E-mail : ,

From India, Bangalore
jayanthap
Hi Kalpana,
This is my honest openion.
Firstly, the place u are working now is a golden milestone in your career path. So respect it and obay the decepline in the present organization. Just stick to the resignation rule in the present company detailed in your appointment letter. Just respect the present Job as it was the best one for you when u were joining.
Secondly, personally i do not like an employer who requests to join a company with least and unfair notice to the other employer, In HE we also do cross checks with applicants by asking them to join ASAP... if applicant is positive, then we come into a fair conclution that the applicant might do the same one day... it's a matter of reliability and loyalty of the employeee.
hope you got the message.
My openion is - I would obey the rules.. and i will tell it to my prospective employer.

From Sri Lanka
SATISH KUMAR DHANWAL

when hte going gets tough, the tough gets going. now, you ,after resignation, request your orgn. giving samle experience letter which should be actual experience letter, submit thru speed post. thereafter, show it to your new orgn. and tell them that my previous orgn. is forcing me not to resign by not issuing me experience letter.
regards,
yours,
satish kumar dhanwal
sr. manager(HR)
NTPC Ltd.

From India, Delhi
Rajpal

Dear,
This is not very unususal problem and happens in small organizations. Your prospective employer shall easily visualize this difficulty and may ignore requirment of producing experience certificate .
If this does not work , you may show appointment letter and final dues certifcate which shall show till which date you have worked with last company .
Lastly even if this does not work , try another method of asking for certifate of working for hosuing laon to be submitted for obtaining loan before you tender reisgnation. This may perhaps service your goal , though not enouraging method.
Wish you all the best in your efforts.

From India, Mumbai
Ekta Gandhi
Hi,
I think u should speak to ur boss and m sure he will provide u exp letter but dont delay it. And pls dont join any organisation before u quit ur current organisation so as early as possible put down ur papers and grab the opportunity which has comed on ur way.Good opportunity comes only ones in lifetime.Go for it.All the best

Jenender Chawla
Hi Kalpana,
:wacko:
I think U should take off for 5 days with some fairly-looking reason.. And work with new company and come back after that.. And thenafter you should disclose that U're going to resign (that too on the basis of career growth).. U must take your employer in confidence and even u should look for arranging your replacement, if feasible to u.. (even u can post vacancy at citehr too)..
Further, U should get acknowledgement for your resign or you can mark the copy of resignation through email so as to have proof with you..
In case not having experience letter, U can intimate to your new employer of this situation, I hope he will accept it as it is usual practice in industry..
Regards
:!:

From India, New Delhi
msmoorthy

It may be just your apprehension. Try out speaking to your boss logically of your need for change I am sure your problem would get solved. If not its all the reason to quit him ASAP.

Pavithran

Hello,

It is not proper to take 5 days off and join a new company. Instead you should resign from the company without notice period and pay the compensation as per company norms.

The Manager cannot refuse to give you experience letter. He will need your signature for full and final settlement. At that time you can insist for the experience letter. If he still refuses serve him a letter intimating him of your intention to approach the Labour Officer. He will certainly issue the required letter.

Warm Regards,

Pavithran

I'm in big dillema, thought i should take advice from seniors.I'm currently working in a start-up S/w co which has around 8-9 employees, although my designation is HR Geheralist but i handle, admin , accounting and lilttle legal activities also.Now yesterday I was offered a post of HR Generalist in one of India's biggest retail store.The only clinche with them is that they want me to join immediately..as they have to relieve the HR person who is currently working with them.They asked me if i can take 5 days off from present Co. work with them and then come back and serve notice period of 15 days.

I really m very confused, if i leave the present organisation, my boss will never give me experienece letter..coz he is a person who takes gurdge against each and every person who wants to leave his organisation, if i dont leave, i will be loosing the opportunity of working with good & big brand name.

Could the seniors please advice something.

Regards,
KT[/quote]

From India, Thanjavur
ccdepindia@yahoo.co.in

Hi,
Once you have taken a decision to leave the organisation, just remain focussed on getting in to the new organisation. It is advisable, you share this with the prospective employer that you will NOT get a certificate. You may accept the proposal to work in the new organisation for 5 days as desired. However, dont sign any document as you continue to be on the rolls of the preveious organisation.
If the prospective employer is willing to accept you without insisting on a certificate, just go ahead and join. There are always plus and minus factors in such situations. What is important is a bold decision and courage to go ahead.
I am sure you will do well. All the very best.
Cyril

From India, Nagpur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.