Rajesh Hundaker
This is my first post in citehr. I would like to know if the employee is resigned is he eligible for Apprisal for the Yr 2012 and 13 which was supposed to be paid in the month of April 2013. due to some approval problems of Management it was not paid till today, but this month salary we are paying the appraisals with arrears from April 2013 but for the employee who resigned a month back i,e on 20th August 2013 and his last working day was 30th sep 2013, management doesn\'t want to pay appraisals saying that there is a policy where it say\'s appraisals will not be paid for the employee who is resigned. what the management wants to do is correct or not. is the resigned employee is also eligible for the appraisals or not?

From India, Bangalore
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Rajesh,

That the management twists the rules that suits them is not something new. This is what is happening in your case as well.

Whose fault is this that appraisals did not happen in time? Why there was delay of these many months? The second thing is that your management is not at all image-conscious. What management does or does not do promotes the brand image of the company. Now two things will happen, either employee gets arrears or does not get. Either way, company's image will be projected positively or negatively.

Tell your management that ex-employees are spokespersons of the employees. What they talk and how they talk about the company is quite important. Secondly, if the employee is not paid arrears then obviously the current employees will feel lot down and they may have their sympathies with them.

Gone are the days when men were treated like machines. Today, we have come a long way from this 19th century mindset and with this mindset, they are doomed to perish that is for sure!

Thanks,

Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.