No Tags Found!

Meenakshi Kiran
Dear Team,
Myself Meenakshi Kiran and i am Hr in a Manufacturing firm and we have a strength of total 80 people (Staff + Workers). I am currently facing a problem in terms of measuring performance of staff. There is a lack of self relisation in everyone related to their work.
In brief, i would like explain that no body is bothered about their responsibility towards Organisation for example in designs dept their is always errors in theirs designs because of which our machines somewhere don't run properly at Customer end,which in turns not only hampers Company's brand image but creates problems in payment collection . Most importantly our Customers statisfaction level drops, which no company can afford at any cost. I think this is happening because somewhere our Performance mesurement tool is very week or they are not taking it serious.
Being an hr i just want convey to them that unseriouness time is over now and everyone will be questioned for their performance. I jus need guidance how can i proceed in this context.
Rgds,
Meenakshi Kiran.

From India, Pune
Venkata Vamsi Krishna Patnaik

Dear Meenakshi Kiran,
I think the basic concept of evaluating a job is missing. Being HR you need to initiate it.
You need to have individual job descriptions for all employees in place and continuous monitoring on them can help give you results.
One more thing you need to understand is that whipping always do not work.
The monitoring should be in both ways one appreciating the performer and two cautioning the under performer or average performer.
You can even link them to quarterly or half yearly rewards (after discussing with your Management) to motivate them and get more responsibility.

From India, Hyderabad
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Meenakshi,
You are from manufacturing company. Your primary need is to manage the following costs:
a) Inventory Carrying Cost of Raw Materials
b) Work in Progress (WIP) Inventory Costs
c) Inventory Carrying Cost of Finished Goods
d) Capital costs to run the operations
e) Capacity costs
f) Maintenance costs
g) Ordering cost
h) Set up cost
In addition to the above, measurement of the following costs is important:
i) Cost of Quality (COQ) and
j) Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
It appears that your company does not measure these costs. Not only you should measure these costs but assign management of these costs to the respective HOD.
As an immediate measure, you may measure the design accuracy and give a target to the Head of the Design Department to improve this accuracy.
At organisation level, what you need to do is to establish comprehensive Performance Management System (PMS). I have given adequate information about PMS in past posts. You may click here to know more about PMS in one of the posts.
For further information, feel free to contact me.
Thanks,
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Meenakshi Kiran
Dear Venkata Sir, Last month only we did that process and we have handed over the JD & KRA to every one.
From India, Pune
Venkata Vamsi Krishna Patnaik

Then it is good, I think you can start collecting the data and start monitoring the performances.
Accordingly you can intimate employees on their performance,which will indirectly make an employee feel responsible for his activities.
Also our learned friend Mr.Dinesh has given good inputs which can be value addition to your KRAs.
Check and implement,if needed.

From India, Hyderabad
Meenakshi Kiran
Dear Dinesh Sir, Thanks for your guidance and will go ahead in the same direction.
From India, Pune
poddar housing

Dear Ms Meenashi Kiran,
I faced the similar problems you faced, management spend the good amount hiring a consultant and going the way they proposed. But in our Indian scenario, the HR is not given that importance the way it deserve but the management expect HR/Admin responsible for all the misfortune. I am sharing my experience the way i brought the things under control. i.e.
(i) I took the MD into confidence and the liberty to write the emails the way i want for asking the information and bound to share the informations.
(ii) I first started with blue color contributing force, listening to their greivences and the problems faced by them.
(iii) Listing their problems and suggestion in mapping the company goals.
(iv) Round two the Supervisors, the same way above.
(v) Managers the same way above
(vi) HOD's their expectation from the team down below them, and the limitations faced by them from the TOP management to take the team under them in confidence and deliver.
(vii) A gist of all common problems was listed by me and a direct and indirect counselling was carried out with few peoples whom i felt were the bottle neck in the system flow.
(viii) my conclusion was shared in a joint meeting with the HOD's and the MD. (before the meeting the MD was well taken into confidence, giving the pen picture of all the bottle neck in the system.
(ix) There after the goals were delivered to all the department from the MD's desk with time frame with liberty to take decisions.
Lastly I could notice 90% of system flow and customer satisfaction was improved.
But we as an HR need to have a good repo with the employees from each department to interpret the technical information and understanding them.
I being a military person designed the above tactics based on obtaining the enemy information and planning our action plan.
I would suggestion believing in Almighty and dedication to deliver with good self confidence, we can control much of the problems in man management.
THE GIST OF MY FINDINGS WAS EXPLOITATION AT JUNIOR LEVEL AND POLITICS AT ALL LEVELS (SPECIALLY THE SENIOR LOT) TO SHOW I AM THE BEST IS THE MAIN HURDLE IN ACHIEVING THE ORGANIZATION GOAL AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.
EMPLOYEES AT ALL LEVEL ARE WELL TECHNICALLY QUALIFIED BUT RELUCTANT TO DELIVER AND SHARE DUE TO THEIR OWN SELFISH REASONS.
HUMAN EGO IS A GREAT PROBLEM FOR ALL ORGANIZATIONS.
Hope it can help you in some way.
Mohammed Ali
Sr. Manager Administration - Sites

From India, Thane
Meenakshi Kiran
Dear Mr. Ali, For Sure this is going to help me a lot in planning my way to proceed further. Thanks a lot for the guidance..
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.