No Tags Found!

kumar-sankar
I have worked in Companies A and B. Company A is a startup (still in business), and Company B is an MNC, a very famous MNC in India.

I had another interview with Company C. In the HR round of Company C, I had clarified about employment with Company A. The company still shared the offer letter. After that, I once again clarified all the details about Company A, as I did not have any email IDs for Company C before this. I don't have a problem with Company B since Company B is an MNC. Even my BGC with Company B was cleared (twice, actually, once while joining and once while joining an Insurance project).

Now, company C has changed my Joining Date. When I asked, HR told me that there may be discrepancies in my documents from Company A. I asked if I needed to share bank statements or PF statements. The HR said that the BGC team has not replied yet, and hence, there is a delay in my DOJ.

I am willing to share the screen, or even if the BGC team comes out physically to me, I can take that person to the bank and get the bank statement directly from the bank, with advice from bank officers. I clarified that I had enough proof that each and every word that I had mentioned was correct. To this, HR said that there is no need to haste; just wait for a couple more times.

I am very anxious, as I was so excited for this company. It is not easy to find a new company anytime soon. Also, new companies may also have such BGC and the same problem may happen. What can I do?

From India, Bengaluru
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Kumar Sankar,

Occasionally the background checks are delayed. This is because these checks are outsourced. The companies that do the background checks also run short of manpower. This could be one of the reasons for the delay in clearance.

You are following up with the HR of Company C as such. However, the next time you follow up, send the hard copy of the letter to HR. Write in sequence what you have written in your post on this forum. In the last paragraph write that you have financial obligations to meet and extension of the joining date would impose hardships on you. You vouch for the truthfulness of the facts stated earlier and are ready to give an affidavit also.

Wait for the HR's reply. If you do not receive a proper reply, you may write a follow-up letter to the Head of HR. If still, nothing happens, then as a last resort send the letter to the MD of the company and request to take you on board immediately.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
kumar-sankar
@Dinesh. Thank you for your insight. If background check is rejected, without any fault of mine, am I liable to get the reason from HR ? I ahvent lied anything, and I have Govt. docs like bank statement, and PF report to back my claim, so even then, can they still refuse to onboard without justification ? If yes, can i take legal route ?

I am anxious. That's why asking.

From India, Bengaluru
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Kumar Sankar,

Did Company A issue a relieving letter to you? What exactly is the doubt about your employment with Company A?

Your anxiety about non-communication is understandable. But engulfed by anxiety, sending a lawyer's notice to the future employer would be imprudent. The steps to be followed before sending the lawyer's notice are mentioned in my post. Follow those steps. Maintain a proper office file to preserve the hard copies of the correspondence.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.