No Tags Found!


Hi, Please help - I have to verify a new employee that I have recruited and who is working now for 1 month with us.
He has submitted his last company's appointment letter without the salary sheet.
𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌 𝒖𝒑 𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓. Further in this company, the candidate says 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 18 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 9 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒉. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒖𝒑 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒔𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒔𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒔.

However when I checked his bank statement for the given period it does show cash deposits matching his salary. He has also given his reliving letter and confirmation letter of his last company. I have already spoken to his ex-company and they say that he had worked with us.
But I am still not convinced of his credentials as I feel that his so-called last company is in the business of providing fake salary details. Hence please advise what other documents can I obtain from this candidate to prove his employment with his last company.
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒐 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒔 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕.

From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Partner - Risk Management
Agm - Hr&admin
+1 Other



You can ask for copy of FORM16 which will reflect salary received by him.

When the employee claims salary is paid in cash for the first nine months, what is the point of checking the bank statement ? How it will reflect in the bank statement unless otherwise the employee deposit the cash in the bank. Only for bank transfers you can refer bank statement.

If PF is deducted by past employer you can track through UAN number only if the employee opted for transfer of PF.

From India, Madras
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Anuradha,

I recommend you obtain a declaration from the employee on his employment, salary disbursed, mode of salary disbursement etc. Obtain this declaration in the hard copy.

Send the colour photocopy of the declaration to his ex-company under the covering letter. In the covering letter, please request the MD of the company to authenticate the declaration made by the employee. The authentication should have the company's round seal and the signature of the MD.

If the previous company does not come up with any discrepancy or dispute, close the matter. If there are discrepancies, then submit the reply of the ex-company to the top management. Let them take further decision. Nevertheless, when you send a letter to the employee's previous company stating that a verification of the declaration is being carried out and he is liable for the disciplinary action for falsification of the claims.


Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore

Dear Dinesh
Thanks for your prompt response.
Can you share the format for this : 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘣𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘺𝘦𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘺𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘴𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘥, 𝘮𝘰𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘦𝘵𝘤. 𝘖𝘣𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘱𝘺



From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Anuradha,

The draft can be as below:


Date: -

From: -
Mr ___________
Employee No: -

Post-employment Declaration

Dear Sir,

1. I, _________ (name of the employee), working in __________ (the complete name of your company) as ______ (designation) since _______ (DOJ), hereby solemnly affirm the following:

a) Before joining this company, I was working in ___________ (the complete name of the previous company) as ______ (designation) from ________ (DOJ) to _________ (LWD).

b) My monthly salary was disbursed in cash from _________ (month and year) to _______ (month and year).

c) My monthly salary was credited to my bank account from _________ (month and year) to _______ (month and year). A copy of the bank account statement is attached to this declaration.

d) Colour photocopy of the experience-cum-service certificate issued by the company is attached to this declaration.

2. My above declaration is true to the best of my knowledge. I hereby give my consent for the verification of the same from the previous company.

3. If the falsity of the declaration is proved, then I take the onus of the disciplinary action that the administration of the company may initiate against me.

4. I have routed this declaration through the Head of my Department for his/her countersignature.

Yours faithfully,

___________ (signature of the employee)

Countersigned by: -

Signature: -

Name of the HOD: -

Date: -


Ask the employee to fill in the blanks wherever necessary. On receiving the declaration, send it to the employee's previous company under the covering letter. Let the covering letter be signed by the MD of your company.

Caveat: - The disbursement of the salary in cash is against the law. Therefore, I doubt whether any company will agree to vouch for paragraph 1(b) of the declaration. What if they deny it? In that case, you will be back to square one!


Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore

Thank you very Much Dinesh for the details provided
From India, Mumbai

If you feel that the company is in the business of providing fake credentials, then you need to find some way to verify it without reference to the company itself.

If they are paying salary in case, then obviously they wouldnt be paying PF, so that is not a way for you to check the employment history.

One think you need to do is to check the work the company is doing and speak to some of its customers to find out whether they are actually in business. Apart from that, a verification of the GST number of the company often gives you a good idea of what they are doing. If they are not in real business, they wouldn't have a GST number. Even startups today have GST Number because all you need to do is cross a turnover of ₹ 20 lakhs a year!

Also use google search to find out more of the company, specially on places like glass door.
Lastly, if you are a software company, NASSCOM has information you need that you can ask them for.

From India, Mumbai
Community Support on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.