[email protected]
Retired Government Servant/advocate
Software Engineer

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network

I was caught drinking on public place(petty offence) 68-1-14 excise act. Police logged a fir against me. I have 2 option Plead Guilty(some fine) OR Contest the case.

Plead guilty


1. Can that create problem in passport/Visa? Do i need to mention this every time while applying visa/passport?

2. Can that create problem switching in other companies? Can companies revoke my offer if this comes in police verification?

3. Do company do background Verification OR police verification OR both.

4. Will it come in Police verification as database is not centralized?

5. Can this result in firing from my current organisation?



this can take years and if case is still open I can not go anywhere from state as well as country. and if found guilty after trials this will result in maximum penalty(as per law). Please suggest me what to do.

If impact of Pleading guilty is not much i can go on closing the case ASAP.

"Khaya piya kuch nahi glass toda 12 aane" AFRAID PLEASE HELP

From India, Delhi
You can plead guilty. It is the settled that such petty offences need not have an adverse effect on the suitability for employment. There are various decisions of the Supreme Court laying down the Law.
From India, Kochi
Hi Prince, Just eager to know what happened? One of my friend is going through the same this? Will this show anywhere in the BGV??
From India
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™