No Tags Found!

Hello Sir,
I am working in a court in Gujarat. I am working as a clerk in the court as an permanent employee. I got a job in Indian Overseas Bank as a clerk. when i had applied and got an interview call for bank i intimated to my department and got NOC for the interview purpose. Now i am selected in the bank and want to join the bank so I have to pay the Notice period pay or I can resign immediately without paying that NOTICE PAY because of the NOC. One more thing can I keep a LIEN for the changing the job for 6 month or 1 year.
Please help me out i am very confuse.

From India, Ahmedabad
gopinath varahamurthi

Dear Friend,
Go through your appointment procedures and relief and take measures...further, you are a court clerk, certainly aware of the procedures of your procedures for getting relief...
best of luck ...

From India, Arcot

You have already taken prior permission from State Government. Now you can't keep your legs on both jobs. You have to decide yourdelf as to how to shape your carrier. In my opinion, being young person you are not satisfied with enviornment in government job. But give thought to your future. Now a days the banking job is becoming risky one and you may have also to carry marketing work in banking job. Yes today's banking atmosphere looks very to customers as they are having all the facilities like neet & clean office with A.C.
I think you yourself should decide your own carrier.

From India, Halol

""One more thing can I keep a LIEN for the changing the job for 6 month or 1 year.""
You cant have the cake and eat it too.
The moment you quit from job number 1,that option is closed.
So think all angles,aspects,discuss with well wishers,friends in court/bank and then decide.

From India, Pune
Gupta VK

As I know, govt. employee can join another post while keeping his lien over his previous post for one year i.e. while obtaining Leave without Pay. All information is to be provided to the employer while obtaining such leave. But as far as question of serving of Notice period is concerned, same remains there and you have to service or buy out the same.
So please check with your department before taking any decision.
V K Gupta

From India, Panipat

You need not follow the due procedure for resigning. Please verify your appointment letter. Since this cannot be a technical resignation, you cannot keep the LIEN.
From India, Kochi

I think you belong to the Gujarat Judicial Ministerial Service. Since you have already obtained NOC for the banking job, what you have to do is simply resign your present job citing the reason and your resignation has to be submitted to the Appointing Authority viz., either the District Judge or the Registrar of the High Court as the case be through proper channel and you have to wait till the acceptance of the resignation and issue of the relieving orders. The question of lien will arise only in case of inter-departmental or inter-Govermental transfer of services in which case you can not resign but only ask for transfer. Since Banking Sector belongs to quasi-Govt Service, I think you can not ask for lien after resignation.

From India, Salem
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.