Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Consultant In Legal Matters
+1 Other

I would like to inquire as hr professional, whether an organization put the feedback /complaint of his employee/’s on leaving services unethically and unprofessionally in Hr Forum or is there any other professional committee or group where all Human Resource expert and professional could read the advice of above employees,
An example one of the senior position personnel in our organization, whose handling very vast and important (in terms of hospitality industry) vertical, had left the organization without any information, first he himself stopped coming and giving a sympatric though false excuses when we called then after 15 days once his salary credited in his account sent an email for not willing to work further as he did not have any notice since being a regular & confirmed employee, nor given any handover of his duties & charges eg; files, laptop, passwords, equipments, report on machinery, status of current project work, purchase orders even keys of his department & cabin neither bother to return belonging; official mobile and sim card, company ID card etc, and now organization and management is in pressure due to heavy workload have to put additional efforts to make things smooth and recover the same.

Furthermore he has audacity to mention the false information of his tenure and salary with us on the most important professional site like linked in and other job portals which is highly unprincipled and false,
Therefore, as I am an employee too and very well aware about the right of employee also but as Hr Professional I don’t connect such immoral behavior and would like ask if any site or Hr Forum where we can atleastr put the feedback of such workers so that he may not disturb the another company like same and the other organization will be assertive while recruit him/them.

Please advice,
18th February 2015 From India, Delhi
Dear Swati,
The kind of incident that you have mentioned are common in Hospitality Industry. However, that does not mean that we should condone the demeanour of that senior employee.
Do you have proper records for the allotment of assets to the employee? If yes, then you may lodge police complaint for failing to deposit the company's assets before abandonment of the employment. Once the FIR is lodged, try to find out the where he is working and send the photocopy of FIR to the MD of his next hotel. Sooner he comes to know that he will come running around to settle his dues.
Nevertheless, the malaise lies with the HR of his current organisation also. Why that senior employee was taken on board without proper background check or verification? Why HR did not ask for "No Due Certificate"? But then that is what hospitality industry is. Though into existence for more than 5-6 decades, it is yet to acquire the maturity!
Dinesh Divekar
18th February 2015 From India, Bangalore
If you have not yet relieved him, issue him charge sheet in respect of various misconducts committed by him and after domestic inquiry, if necessary, dismiss him by imposing punishment. To any company asking for his verification check, inform it accordingly. Take appropriate action regarding confidential issues. File criminal proceedings under section 406 IPC for recovery of articles entrusted to him.
18th February 2015 From India, New Delhi
Please issue a public notice in leading news papers along with his photograph for everybody's information.
Ask the service provider to block his block his mobile SIM if it was company connection.
19th February 2015 From India, Delhi
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co