Dy. General Manager - Hr & Admn.
Learning & Teaching Fellow (retired)
1) The Receptionist duties do not come into HR activity. But as HR & Admn,
you are responsible for smooth running of administration.
2) As you h ave been working in the company for the last 1.6 years, this is the
right time to learn more and more and do feel you are going to degrade.
3) To become a Manager, you should always have multi skills in the profession
then your career will be grown very fast.
19th April 2014 From India, Hyderabad
god bless you.
1. are you working for fun and spending your spare time or for roti kapda makan.
2. does looking after reception keep you busyyre for whole day and your own table is pending
3. if you are acting as a stepney tyre once in a way enjoy it.
in any organisation any job is your job . dont talk of rules and regulations if you want to keep your job .
if the superiors feel that you are not cooperating when they have a problem , they will not hesitate to thank you at their will
there are many people waiting in queue in search of a job and are ready to do any work.
so coooooool relax . if they make you do it 24x365 then meet your boss and tell him your feelings .
they also will understand .
19th April 2014 From India, Indore
Please give more information about the size of the organisation and how long will the receptionist will be away and why?
This topic has been covered in the past at https://www.citehr.com/480260-mischi...-softness.html Kindly go through the responses there and you will find that you are likely to gain more by being flexible. Also kindly read the story at The Oak and the Reed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia about "Rigidity" and "Pliability". I hope these help you to make the right decision.
20th April 2014 From United Kingdom