Sr. Manager Hr/admin
Law Practice
Eira Knowledge Matters
Disc Assessor & Trainer, Soft Skills,
Recruitment/talent Acquisition, Career Counselling
Loginmiraclelogistics & Management) Pg
Deputy Manager - Hr
Senior Manager Hr
Manager Sanmar Speciality Chemicals
Hr Professional
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear all,
My husband was working in CTS chennai when he died on may 2012. Now the Pf claim is in approval status. Before CTS,he worked in 5 companies of which 2 are in Tamilnadu,2 in karnataka and 1 in andhra. I know only PF no of two companies and others Iam not able to get but I have his employee Id no and period worked.
I am also not sure whether he claimed the Pf or not when he changed the job.
My question is,
Is it good and keep satisfied with what I get in CTS pf (18 months waited) or to fight for other Company PF\'s, which I am not sure. If I make claim, will the PF that now I will get,get affected? How long I have to wait?
Please guide me what and how to do. Thankyou and waiting for response.
With regards,
Uma ravi.

From India, Chennai
Hi Uma
You first try to contact those previous companies & check whether they had submitted the PF claim forms. If yes then ask them the copy of the acknowledgement. Then you approach PF offices to check the status. Some times even though they submit there are some chances for rejection or delay.

From India, Bangalore
Dear Uma,
Sorry to hear sad news in the Citehr.
Option I :Kindly check with CTS, whether your husband was transferred the account from previous company, he worked.You can also lodge application to CTS to claim PF , without any hesistation.
Option II: There is no problem on lodging application with companies , in which your husband worked,seperately.
Hope i have answered to your queries!!.
If not pl contact me overphone : T Muralidaran/95000 92586.

From India, Hosur
Dear Uma,

I am sorry about your loss. Sadder still is that you still await the PF amount due to you from CTS and others. 18 months is a long time to settle a PF claim, but before I make too many assumptions, could you please check the following?

1. Have you submitted all documents pertaining to legal heir / surviving nominee to the PF Office?

2. If yes, how long ago was this done? If not, please get in touch with the PF Office and get the list of documents that would be needed to establish the same.

3. As mentioned by the seniors above, you may get in touch directly with the companies your husband had worked for and gather all the details

4. Based on the information from above point, you may contact the respective PF offices to verify status (you may also get the same details from the HR department at CTS Chennai, provided your husband had transferred the previous PF amounts into the new PF account at CTS at time of joining).

I hope the above suffices, else you may get in touch with local PF office for further assistance.



From India, Hyderabad
Dear Ms. Uma
While i recommend you to verify the PF status with the previous companies along with CTS, i am sure you know that you would be eligible for Pension from the PF authorities
Please check the status on Pension Scheme and the disbursing mechanism

From India, Hyderabad
Dear Uma,
Very sorry to hear the loss of your husband and also that you have not received the PF and pension amount. I suggest following steps:
1. Submit Form No. 13 to PF through CTS with all details of all employment. The PF nos., the address of employer etc. you will have to provide in form 13.
2. Submit withdrawal form of PF with necessary documents.
3. Submit claim form of family/widows pension.
Now, in case past PF amounts are not withdrawn, the same will be added to the present account and all are payable to you. If else, i. e. already withdrawn, then such a communication you will receive from the respective PF Offices. So, no harm in going for that.
You will certainly receive pension for the service with CTC. However, if past balances are transferred to the present account, you will have higher pension.
Please therefore with the help of HR of CTC, do complete the formalities and get the claims settled to which you have a right to claim.

From India, Kolhapur
contact old offices hr deptt, they will definately help and will give the details if your husband hold any pf account and transfered the amount to new account
if co. Doesnot support then u can approach local pf office to get the details
manish gupta

From India, Patiala
Dear Ms.Uma,

Let the soul rest in peace and May God give you enough strength,

Others have provided valuable suggestions. All are good in the given situation.

You should not mind running from pillar to post and finally you'll stand benefited and would feel worthy the troubles taken. Especially all the three are in different states and it make all the more difficult to link all together. If you are not getting the required information from any of these authorities you shouldn't hesitate to use the RTI (Right to Information Act) route also which would serve handy. So it is necessary first to ascertain all the information reg. the position relating to past service from CTS and then proceed what is needed as a follow up.

Above all you should get readied the following documents (which is very much essential and strengthen your cause and faster your search.)

1. Death certificate of your deceased husband.

2. If possible copies of relevant Nomination documents wherever possible

3. NOC/Affidavit executed in your favour by your dependent/ children and especially from your parents in law

4. Heir/Successor certificate from the competent court (it may involve certain court fee). It is likely some employer don't act merely not on the basis of Nomination forms of deceased employees to get over the complications if there could be more than one claimant.

5. Collect all service related documents, keep them arranged sequentially so that you are more clear to understand what is what and where to strike.

6. It would help if you would approach thro' some known persons who are presently employed in these places which would make your quest move faster.

7. If you know his PF/Pension Nos. and employers' code you might as well check the position thro' online mode also. This is because it is possible if he had not transferred accumulations in his PF a/c from employer to employer he might maintain separate separate new PF Nos.

All the best.

From India, Bangalore
Hello everybody,
Thankyou so much for each and everyone who have given me guidance. I will proceed further and try to get the PF claim. When I am stuck, I will ask for help again. Very useful website for people like me. Thankyou.
With regards,

From India, Chennai
Thankyou Mr.Muralidharan.
I have a doubt regarding my claim. Will be happy if answered.
* Is it possible now, to claim or transfer other PF balance(past employers) to existing PF with the help of last employer HR department? Will it be possible for them to get the details of past employers PF account (PFno and status), If i give them a letter to do so?
Thankyou in advance,
With regards,

From India, Chennai

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™