Manoj KY
Senior Executive

Dear Seniors,
In case we have an accident(Major or Minor) in our factory premiss and an employee is injured. I have the Following query in terms of HR Perspective (Apart form Company Policy)
Which are the statutory bodies we should inform.
How can we get the maximum benefits for our employees in such cases.
What are the obligations of HR and the Company is Accident Cases.

From India, Mumbai
Industrial Relations

In case of any accident which results 48 hours of break in work for the employee then the accident must be informed to the factory inspector. The accident venue must be barricaded and the work in that venue must be stopped. The work can be restored after obtaining the clearance from Factory Inspector.

Which are the statutory bodies we should inform.

Factory Inspector to be informed regarding the accident. For compensation part, it should be informed to Workmen Compensation Commissioner also, who will in turn calculate and advice you to submit the draft for the compensation amount. The nearest Police Station also to be informed regarding the accident by serving a copy of the Form which was submitted at Factories Inspector Office.

How can we get the maximum benefits for our employees in such cases.

The employee will get benefit if the injury resulted in disability (Temporary or permanent and Partial or Total) period is more than 48 hours then you have to pay the compensation as per the calculation of WC Commissioner and it will be disbursed by the WC Commissioner to the victim.

From India, Kumbakonam
HR , Personnel & Admin

Hi ,
In case if the factory is covered under ESI then it should be informed
within 24 hours to the ESI office .
Within 48 hours to factory inspector office . Regarding informing to police ,
only if the accident is of fatal nature it should be informed to police station.
(mainly in case of death).
You should enter the accident in ESI accident book as well as register
of dangerous occurrences (factory act) .
Regarding benefits if the ESI is covered the patient or the deceased
worker is eligible to get the ESI pension .(permanent disablement)
Rajeev Dixit

From India, Bangalore
We are operating from Gurgaon, Haryana. What is the address of WC commissioner to whom we should approach
From India, Jaipur
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™