- Focus on the core competencies of the skills required for that specific job role when recruiting for specific positions.
- Classify staff members by performing an audit (internally) on their abilities to handle work time to time, their skillsets etc.
- Such employees are ensembled by engaging the most competent members in the discussion on what it takes to be successful, and reward them for training or mentoring others.
- Question each employee regarding their job and expectations placed on them.
- Précis the job done by each in the given position categorizing each in one single concised description. Each single information can be clubbed an saved which canbe used as a database to examine the Oragnization development in a whole.
- The superior way to categorize the OD team is in terms of -
- Business Competency: Here the employees are required to have the ability to work on the communication skills which could be placed any time in an organization for service-orientation.
- Significantly, technical in nature specific to the work force invovles Technical Compentencies.
- Hands-on mentoring styles, Managerial activity that help the organization form retention are the Leadership Competencies.
- Organization has new trends & developments, you need to specify/identify that area towards companies core competencies. Areas like Training, Business orientation are benefits for improvement.
- Implement Performance Reviews by evaluating measurable performance indicators in addition to seeking feedback from those in the role being analyzed
- Be competitive, schedule time for reviews.
Key competencies can be reviwed thoroughly only on the basis of performance reviews encompassed to the way in which the employee puts his work to the assigned tasks.
All the best.
Please use the Research Box at the top of every page here at CiteHR and you will find a wealth of information.
Also check the Related Information sidebar on the right-hand side of this page. --------------------------------------------->