ABSCONTRACK Marketing Analyst
Have a look at the service provided by Abscontrack for absconding employees -->http://www.abscontrack.com/
Abscontrack is a cloud based industry-wide database for tracking and profiling of absconding employees; at the same time allowing the employers to do the verification of on-boarding employees. The platform is simple, user-friendly and offers complete transparency.

From India, Mumbai
Consultancy_HR & IR


Am I right in understanding that an employee with just 2 or 3 months service is obliged to serve 45 days notice if he wishes to leave? Normally employees while on probation are not forced to give any notice of separation but if in the case on hand the contract of employment provides such a stipulation, then the concerned employee is bound to serve the notice period, if he has accepted the contract of employment with all terms & conditions of employment.

I am afraid that the company has no recourse to enter into any litigation except under civil law for breach of contract which by itself is painfully known to be time consuming and costly. Normally I would not advice employers to apply resources for such a case.

Suggest you accept reality and let him go. But do please consider if you need to rethink your approach of asking for 45 days notice as bondage even while on probation. The general practice is to ease separation of an employee on probation as neither party has invested substantial resources. It is more advisable to device ways to RETAIN an employee who you had found suitable for your organization.

That's all I would say at this stage. If you need to raise more questions or to share more information that might justify a different view, I would be glad to assist!

April 30, 2015

From India, Pune
lssodhi Law Officer
When the employee absconds from the company the whole pressure comes on the HR, so the HR should consult with the director of the company and appoint a private attorney for the company to handle there all type of litigation.
Moreover, regarding this issue the only solution to this is that to send a legal notice to the absconded employee stating whole of the scenario and ask for the compensation within a specific time span. If not replied go for the civil suit for the damages. It will surely help you out.
Lovedeep S. Sodhi
Pb. & Haryana High Court

From India, Chandigarh

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™