10th September 2009 From India, Hyderabad
1. You should know the organization priorities & objectives or Annual Business Plan
2. Escalate objectives for each department on the basis of Organisation Objectives & Annual Budget.
3. Review the progress towards the objectives on Quarterly / Monthly basis.
4. At the end of Financial year you will know the achievement ratio of each department.
For performance appraisal you may follow the following process
1. You need to divide all employees in at least three categories
a) Directing & Managing (Deptt Head & Above)
b) Middle Management (Team Leaders or who implement the orders)
c) Associates (Who only obey order as directed)
2. After deciding the above three levels; you need to develop appraisal forms considering the following points
a) Operational Objectives
b) Competency Levels
c) Individual Training Needs
d) Career / Succession Planning
You need to define a time frame for appraising the performance & on the basis of that you should plan Reward & Recognition policy including increment, promotion & training plan for development.
7th November 2009 From India, Chandigarh