When a situation throws a challenge, there will be pressure. Please do not focus on the pressure but focus only on the solution. This will enable your mind solution centric and it comes up with solutions. Relax and develop a strategy to cope up with the challenge. Some of the steps in this direction will be :
1)Even though you are the only HR task master, you must surely have some assistants. Find out as to what kind of work can be delegated to them.
2) If you have no assistants, explain your company executives about the magnitude of the job and seek some assistants for you at least for this project.
3) Alert your net work to scout for eligible candidates
4) Tap college campuses for fresh recruitment.
5) if there is any job fair in the town try to set up your stall there to attract candidates.
6) Connect with reliable placement consultants
7) Prepare a blue print of your strategy and discuss it with your company so as to keep them in the loop.
HR & Labour Law Consulatant
Chipinbiz Consultanacy Pvt.Ltd.
21st December 2011 From India, Mumbai