i ahve completed 4 years 8 months and 18 days in my office, now for the purpose of cost cutting that want resign ion from from me. company is ready to pay 1 month salary. My question is can i resgn or ask company to terminate me? from which mode i can get the maximum benefit and good for me in future.
Please Answer ASAP
24th September 2011 From India, Thana

Kanika Kapoor
Soft And Behavioural Skills Trainer
Manager (hr & Admn.)
Collection & Recoveries
+1 Other

Dear Mr. GV Parab,
If company give you one month notice with gratuity for the 05 years than you can relive over their otherwise you ask company to terminate to you with mentioned proper reason of your termination in your reliving letter, If company give the reason/explanation for reliving your service in that case you can also approach to labour commissioner but peaceful reliving is good for your future assignment & waste your time further litigation.
Rakesh Gandhi
25th September 2011 From India, Gandhidham
What are the conditions precedent to retrenchment of workmen?
No workmen employed in any industry who has been in continuous service for not less than one year under an employer can be retrenched by that employer until :

(a) the workman has to be given one month’s notice in writing indicating the reasons for retrenchment or the workman has to be paid in lieu of such notice, wages for the period of the notice.
(b) The workman has to be paid, at the time of retrenchment, compensation which is equivalent to fifteen days’ average pay (for every completed year of continuous service) or any part thereof in excess of six months; and
(c) Notice in the prescribed manner is to be served on the appropriate Government (or such authority as may be specified by the appropriate Government by notification in the Official Gazette).


26th September 2011 From India, Delhi
Termination is not a good terminology with regard to your future career perspective.
You are eligible for Gratuity and do not leave that amount for any reason. Please get one month notice with gratuity. Ensure that you get the Gratuity amount before giving the resignation letter. You can also ask for three month's notice even though it is mentioned as one month in the clause.
27th September 2011 From India
Share what you know with your industry peers. Discuss problems, ideas, solutions openly without getting into company or personal specifics. Create Account

Disclaimer: This network and the advice provided in good faith by our members only facilitates as a direction. The advice should be validated by proper consultation with a certified professional. The network or the members providing advice cannot be held liable for any consequences, under any circumstances.

About Us - Advertise - Contact Us - RSS   On Google+  
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms Of Service
Facebook Page | Follow Us On Twitter | Linkedin Network