The good HR Practices or Benefits are adopted in the various Indian/Multinational companies, some ellaboration is given below:-
- Flexi-working hours
- performance linked incentive
- job/role rotation
- Employee/Performer of the month in a department/Organisational level like McDonalds have "housekeeping" performer of the month, "crew member" of the month" and "supervisor" of the month etc.
- Domestic trips for good performances
- celebrating birthdays and marriage anniversaries..and employed personally wished by a senior member of the Organisation
- celebrating festivals in the Organisation
- making a personal touch among employees
- paying competitive salaries
- giving washing/attendance allowance (in case of plants or factories)
- solving small to smallest issues of the employees at the earliest
- Organizing a picnic or get-together or annual function etc.
- an idea of having an internal employee magazine may be good
Thank you for sharing the practices.
If I may add a few:
1. Felicitating employees who may have completed 5, 10 etc. years (Long Service awards)
2. Annual Sports Day
3. Felicitation prg for childrens of employees those who have stood 1st,2nd & 3rd in the annual exam.
You may also have the following good HR Practices:-
1. Giving loans to employees (alternatively you may retain them through this)
2. Giving Choice pay option to new employees so they may decided their balance pay themselves once the basic is fixed for them.
3. That more than 5 years working as already governed by the Gratuity Act, the employee will be getting 15 days pay for every one year of working.
4. You may nominate some deserving employees for any important workshop or training which might be useful for both.
5. Fairwells to employees whenever they leave.
6. You may also provide maternity leave (to women) of 6-12 weeks (when they are not covered in ESIC) and paternity leave of 15 days to Men.
7. Giving certificates to employees for resolving any critcial problems/issues.
I hope this will help you guys.
whatever our friends are telling.. exaclly when all these things are combined inthe orgn.... it results a BEST HR PRACTICS in the orgn..... but it needs contribution of each employee....
i m doing Summer from sona koyo gurgaon. it is having BEST HR PRACTICE you can search on NET..
Its similar to the staff of the month in addition to that you can have an appreciating employees. Either you can give an appreciation letter or if its a team work an appreciation letter (for the team members) can be put in notice board.