The following Act of parliament received the assent of the President on the 18th August 2010.
An Act further to amend The Industrial Dispute Act, 1947
Grievance Redressal Machinery:
* Every industrial establishment employing 20 or more workmen shall have one or more Grievance
Redressal Committee for the resolution of disputes arising out of individual grievances.
* Grievance Redressal Committee shall be consist of equal numbers of members from the employer & the
* The total numbers of members of the Grievance Redressal Committee shall not exceed more than 6
(including 1 woman member)
* Grievance Redressal Committee may complete its proceeding within 30 days on receipt of a written
application by or on behalf of the aggrieved party.
* The workman who is aggrieved of the decision of the Grievance Redressal Committee may prefer an appeal to the employer against the decision of Grievance Redressal Committee and the employer shall, within 1 month from the date of such appeal dispose off the same and send a copy of his decision to the workman concerned.
The salary slab in ID Act has been henanced recently
In clause 5 in sub clause (IV) for the words "one thousand six hundred rupees" to words "Ten thousand rupees" shall be subtituted.
ID Act Notification dt 15th September 2010 issued by the Ministory of Labour and employment.
(Thanks to Business Manager-November issue)
From India, Madras
Dear asif Sir,
Thanks for the reply my contect details are following
Bajaj Electricals Ltd.
Give me your contact details so I can forward all amendments & HR Updates.
If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.