No Tags Found!

samuddhi-patel
Hi, I joined a company on 1st Sept 2021 till 7/9/2021 I was on orientation from 8/9/2021 I started my field, and on 1st Oct '21 my boss wrote a mail that till 15oct I was given a target. But I didn't achieve. I am on probation period for 6months. I asked for his support on-field he denied it. On 27oct he wrote a mail stating from 1 Nov I will be on PIP till 30 Nov if I don't achieve the target then from 1dec I will not be an employee. He is knowing that from 1nov till 13nov I am on leave.
I don't understand what to do and how to handle it.

From India, Pune
drsivaglobalhr

Dear Colleague,
The Crux : You joined in a company on 1st Sept 2021 and was on Orientation upto 7/9/2021. You started your work from 8/9/2021 and in filed. On 1st Oct '21 your boss sent a mail giving a target to achieve as on 15oct 2021. You could not achieve. You are on probation period for 6months probably from 1st Sept 2021. You asked for support but was denied. On 27oct 2021, your boss wrote a mail stating from 1 Nov you will be on PIP till 30 Nov and if you don't achieve the target then from 1dec 2o21 you will not be an employee. You had applied leave from 1st Nov till 13nov for leave. You are in a puzzle:

Based on the information given by you, suggest few thoughts for your validation and in your challenge, you are the boss to decide the way forward which will be more suiting to you further. Have a reading :

1. First of all please understand that through out the Career any probation period is an acid test for the Talents during which series of targets/ assessments/ observations and so on. This is the time you should build confidence in the minds of the Organization's Managers and your immediate boss. Even after the probation is over there should be fire in the belly to achieve something in life. Not to blow someone's trumpet but I know Talents working / worked for very vigorously and they became indispensable part of the origination from probation period itself. This fire is to be ignited in performance.

2. Whenever Targets are fixed, kindly do not accept as it is blindly and if any challenge is there please do not hesitate to communicate and ensure it is moderated. Once accepted the target it is in your hand to work towards that. Whether you achieve or fail put your whole hearted effort which your colleagues, your boss every one will observe. You also brief what hard work you put in the field without fail

3. Your long leave during probation ( reasons for leave is not known) could be one of the reason why the boss had fixed a tough target, Kindly review if the reason for leave is avoidable, the do so and prove your self.

4. Majority of the bosses, do not put their subordinates in to hardship because their performance is depending on their sub-ordinates' performance and without that the boss can not achieve. Hence have a open dialogue with your boss and make him to understand your side.

5. Sometimes, if the boss is intentional in his actions, and wantonly troubling, then you need look for other options like change of job or using grievance redressal mechanism helplines if available in the organization. ( Use this very last option as post such escalation your life will be miserable with your boss)

6. Consult your colleagues who are in the similar role, and take their support if your boss is not supporting and prove that your are a contributor.

7. Remember that maintain cordial relationship with your boss, align with him work together, which is an art and do your best in the field to achieve the given target. ( Provided the targets are realistic and SMART- Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time Bound)

8. Look internally, have innovation in your work and try your best and leave the rest to the boss, your Organization

9. Have very close communication with your Boss, Your HR during the Probation period and become part of the organization quickly.

10. Kindly add any valid point which might be shared by other Colleagues and your Friends, Your family and some one close to you also in the list and START.

All the Best, God Bless
Dr P.SIVAKUMAR
Doctor Siva Global HR
Tamil Nadu

From India, Chennai
Madhu.T.K

An organisation which allows you to take 13 days leave just before you have completed the first half of the probation period cannot be a BAD employer. Therefore, try to hold the job by even cancelling the leave and reaching the target. No law can protect you especially when you are asked to go during probation period.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.