No Tags Found!

swatisri@123

Hi All, I want to know that if our organization is established in Noida, UP. But our employee will work in Delhi.
Will minimum wages be applicable according to Delhi or Noida?
Kindly reply asap its urgent.

From India, Delhi
umakanthan53

Dear Swatisri,

Under labor jurisprudence, place of employment of the employee decides territorial jurisdiction for the application of any employment aspects like holidays, wages, legal forum for grievance redressal etc.

Therefore, irrespective of where the corporate or head office of the employer is located, the minimum wages applicable to the usual place of employment only would be applicable. In your case, the Delhi minimum wages would only be applicable to an employee who normally works there.

From India, Salem
shobhit-kumar-mittal

Since there is substantial difference in the minimum wage of Delhi and that of Noida (U.P.), if the employee is required to work at both Places i.e. at Noida as well as Delhi, then you can pay the wages of U.P.

- S.K. Mittal

From India, Faridabad
Pan Singh Dangwal

Dear Swatisri@123,

It would be better if you shared more clarification regarding :-

1. What type of job the employees do in Delhi?
2. Whether it is field job or fixed at any particular place in Delhi?
3. Who and how their activities are controlled?
4. Whether employees go at other places (states) as well?
5. Where their attendance is marked?

On basis of your limited information Umakanthan sir has well explained the applicability of MW.

I do not fully agree with MR S.K. Mittal suggestion that since Delhi MW is high and employees worked on both places, so you can apply UP Minimum Wages.

As a Manager-HR we try to figure out cost optimized payout, but that should not be done by abolishing the statutory obligations.

As per my opinion, if the employees randomly go at different places in Delhi and their activities are controlled centrally from NOIDA (or somehow it can be presented-proved) then you can adopt UP Minimum Wages. You have to be cautious in making and presenting the records. Otherwise it can create troubles.

But if they are working on any fixed place (client office / places as per company service contract) in such case you have to follow Delhi MW.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.