Senior Hr Executive
Hr & Administrative Manager
6th September 2010 From India, New Delhi
I have received the following views from the following company staff.
1) Bearings Co- Chaos! ~5% employees' were not getting identified by the system.
2) French MNC in services- CEO's finger not identified frequently. Reverted to RFID.
3) Chemical Industry- Workmen scratched on biometric reader leading to frequent failure of the system
4) Leading security agency - Biometric device maintenance a nightmare.
Please share your company name as well as your experience with the Biometric system for the benefit of all.
5th December 2010 From India, Mumbai
But the drawbacks are as follows.
1. Swipe card can be swiped by some other by managing the admin staff who is taking care of attendance system.
2. Finger print will not respond, if the employee having any cut in his finger or greese or oil in his finger.
3. You can go for face recognition attendance system, which will be recognised with nose, eye and forehead shape. It will not consider any cut mark mustach or beard.
In future almost all the companies / factories / organisations will have their own automated method of attendance system.
With warm regards
5th December 2010 From India, Kumbakonam
Small scale organization don't go for this as they will have to invest for it and will also need someone to operate, take-care, operation and for other working of it. Which indirectly increase the cost. So, they keep it aside and go for the manual / traditional way of attendance and wage processing.
Where as in Medium & Large Scale Organization, it was seen many time that the Bio-metric Machine don't recognize the finger print. It may be due to several reason, and I've seen that some employee them-self tries to fail it due to several reasons.
Otherwise, it is very good option for a hassle free attendance processing and also helpful in Payroll Processing. As Attendance Processing Software provides data export facility which can be easily imported by the Payroll Software. And salary can be calculated easily on the basis of imported attendance.
27th December 2013 From India, Delhi