No Tags Found!


If a company employs security staff and other office staff (drivers, office boys, house keeping) throu a third party, will the company require registration/licence under Contract labour Act, 1970.
From India, Delhi
Labour Laws & Ir
Statutory Complaince/labour & Employment
Rajesh Kumar Dubey
Manager - Hr
+7 Others


the company employing 20( total even through 3/4 contractor) or more than 20 employee as contract labourer then need to obtain registration certificate under section 7 of the said Act, form concerned labour Authorities.then need to issue form V with copy of RC to the contractor if have contractor deploy 20 or more than 20 employee's.
Contractor need to take license under section 12 of the said Act from the concern labout Authorities.


The private security agencies(welfare and regulation of employment) act 1981, regulates the welfare and employment of privates security guards,through the control district security guard boards.where in the LC license is not applicable if the provider has the exemptions under the act and fulfills all the necessary compliances under all the statutory norms.

From India, Mumbai
Rajesh Kumar Dubey

Dear Sir
We are going to start new project in bihar and our civil work and security arrangement will start within 3 weeks. When it will be necessary to be registered for our pricipal employer under Contract labour act . It is proposed that we will engage third party for civil job ( max 400 labours shall be engaged).
Please advice about fee and formalities also

From India

Dear Raj,
The principal employer needs to be registered under THE CONTRACT LABOUR(REGULATION & ABOLITION) ACT, 1970.The procedure for registration is to have the agreement copies of your company with the contractor(s) along with the prescribed fees which you can very well call up in the Labour office and find out the exact fees.
As for security services as per my experience of having worked in Maharashtra there is a regulating body in the name of Security Gaurd Board under which the principal employer needs to get registered.If there is any such body existing in Bihar please find out.The process of resgistration is the smae.

From India, Vadodara
Rajesh Kumar Dubey

Dear friends
I think for employers registration there is no need of agreement papers with any body. first pr. emoployer has got to be registered under thae act and after that he can issue form V to any contractor.
please advice in this way also

From India
Dear All
Please note the Docs for Contractor Permission Labour Dept.
1 Application Form 1 In Triplicate
2 Factory Act License
3 Partnership Deed
4 Pan Card
5 Photo = (2)Authorized Signatory)
6 Regulation
7 Agreement with Contractor
8 Affidavit
Contractor Permission Labour Deptt. For Contractor
1 Form 5 Issued by Company
2 Contractor RC Copy
3 Fees
Ravinder Sharma

From India, Delhi

Dhrumin soni, if we have already register our company under the contract labour act,, shoul we register or renew it every year? or should maintain other instrument as an employer?
From India, Mumbai
dear all i am already running a private limited company which relates to manpower consultancy should i acquire labour contract license for my company. regards kiran 9524247614
From India, Mumbai

Hi If principle employer is deploying 5 CL, in this case the principle employer has to register un Contract labor regulation and abolition act, 1970? Thanks Karthi
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.