Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi hr seniors
can someone help me...
Tell me if a worker suit a case against employer in labour court and the case run for 2 years . What amount or compensation will be given by an employer .
Is he pay half basic for whole period(from termination day to last case date) or anything?

From India, Delhi
first you have not given the complete details of his termination .how he was terminated.what case he has filed.what is his demand.
now case is pending in court and court will only decides compensation.
js malik

From India, Delhi
Respected Sir,
he was terminated due to employer's Ego. There has no warning no notice issued to him
he has suited illegally termination case in labor court. His demand is to reappoint him and give him 2 year compensation
I want to know only compensation amount or method

From India, Delhi
Dear Sunil
Any termination of workman's services without conducting the proper enquiry procedure ( Disciplinary action ) as laid down in Standing orders, will be retrenchment under I D Act 1947 & in case of Retrenchment if compensation @ 15 days wages for per completed year of service or part thereof & Notice pay, is not paid, then the termination will be illegal & re-instatement with back wages ( back wages if he remains unemployed) will be the consequence.
As regards compensation amount- Compensation is specified as 15 days wages for per completed year of service. Here in your case you will have to discuss & decide the amount with the concern workman for amicable settlement of the issue.SDP

From India, Kolhapur
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™