Hi, Please advice which one is better. Withdrwaing PF or transferring EPF account when chnaging job. with thanks
From India
Software Engg
+1 Other


Hi Reader
I shall just put some point’s just check out with others too.
1. PF account can be closed with in a period of 9 years or as stipulated by the "PF" act where by you shall get the entire amount accumulated in you account in full.
2. When you Transfer you PF account you have to look into the requirement whether you number of years of services with regard to the PF has crossed 9 years or the required number of years stipulated in the PF act.
3. The requirement stated in point number "2" above is that once you cross the required a portion of you PF money shall go the "pent ion fund" there by you cannot encash all the cash deposited in the "PF" account.
4. On change over of job you don't have to go to the previous employee for "PF" account transfer you can do it from the new organization where you have joined.
Regds - K.Prakash

I have changed my job from one individually run business to an MNC. My previous employer did not agree to my change of job and he refused to give me my EPF account no also. What should I do to get refund of my EPF account balance. I am interested in getting back balance in my EPF account relating to old employer where I worked for about 18 months.

Dr.M A Venkatesh

Regional P F Commissioner

Employee Provident Fund Organization



Maharashtra State


Dr. M. A. Venkatesh


Shridevi Institute of Engg & Tech

Tumkur-Karnataka- 572106


Sub: Requesting to send Annexure-K

With reference to the above subject I would like to bring to your notice that I was working as Principal at Amruthavahini College of Engineering Sangamner for the period 15th December 2005 to 17th October 2007. During that period my Employee Provident Fund deducted and credited to the EPF Account No MH/27649/377.

Now I am working as Principal at Shridevi Institute of Engineering & Technology Tumkur 572106 Karnataka and request you to transfer my EPF Account from Maharashtra to Karnataka region EPF No KN/23776/61 which is allotted in this institution.

Further I would like to state that I had applied for transfer of EPF Account 1.2 years back itself through Regional P F Commissioner, Peenya, 1st Cross, 1st stage, Bangalore-58 Karnataka. This Office has forwarded the application to your office to send Annexure-K (Dispatch no18, dated 11.6.2009). But so for the request is not considered from your esteemed office. Thereby, I once again request you look into matter for needful action.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully

(Dr. M.A.Venkatesh)


From India, Tumkur

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHR®

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server