No Tags Found!

Arpita Chatterjee
URGENT !!

I had received an offer from an MNC in Dec'22 and submitted all the documents on the BGV portal in Dec itself.

In 10 years of experience i have worked in two companies (first 5 years in a small company, next 5 years in an MNC).

I have all the documents offer letter, relieving letter, selection email, resignation acceptance email from my previous company. While doing the BGV, my future employer has asked for offer letter and relieving letter mailer which I don't have as i had received both offer and relieving letter in hard copy format. Also my company joining date and PF joining dates are different.

They are raising questions on these two points that I received the letters in hardcopy and company joining date and PF joining dates are different. My future employer sent email to my previous employer asking for the clarifications and my previous employer has confirmed to my previous employer that they provided me the hardcopy of the offer letter and relieving letter and it was management decision to start PF from a particular date (Nov 17) although my company doj was Feb13. After the clarification also my future employer is not clearing my BGV and DOJ is approaching.

I have asked the recruiter about the status and he is saying it is with the compliance team.

After i left my previous company i have worked in an MNC for 5 years with similar experience and they did not raise a single question on this. I am totally clueless what they are trying to do.

I would need your advise if anything can be done at my end because i have only two days left to join that company and i donot have any other offer as well.

Regards,
Arpita

From India, Kolkata
Madhu.T.K

These are some of the stupidities that the background verification team do with the candidates. They handle the matter as if they are detectives and they are engaged just to find faults with the candidates. A background verification is actually carried out to clarify certain things and as you said your past employers have already clarified why the date of joining the company is different from the DOJ in PF. They should be convinced of the answer. It is upto the Employees Provident Fund Organisation to take necessary steps against the company for non compliance of law and the background verification agency nor the employee himself can do anything of it. As such, they should approve the verification. I don't thinks there is any issue with hard copy offer letter and relieving letter. In fact these documents should in hard form only.

It is high time that the HRs should raise against such acts of agencies who themselves think that they are conferred with the right to play with the career of candidates. The employers should be blamed for that, I would say. Anyway, since we are at the end representing the needy, we have no other option but to listen to them and wait for a positive response. If, due to this reason, the things go negative, I would say that you should sue the agency for spoiling your career. It should not happen to another person.

From India, Kannur
Arpita Chatterjee
Dear Madhu Sir, Thank you for your response. I am feeling really helpless. As i am not sure which agency is conducting the BGV, how to take any action against them.

I am in touch with the company recruiter and as per the recruiter it is now with the company compliance team for the clearance.

Please advise what shall I do here.

Regards,
Arpita

From India, Kolkata
Madhu.T.K

It should be like that only because if the HR side of the company is perfect, they will not take it seriously. There is no non compliances or mismatch. The date of joining as per your CV matches with the deposition of the employer and the reason for not giving PF on the date of joining is also convincing. It is understood that you as an employee cannot do anything when the company has a protocol that PF will be given only on a later date and not exactly on the date of joining. You, like any other employee, cannot judge the employer's HR policies before joining the company and when it becomes against the employee, you are helpless but to conceive it and go along with the policies. That's all. Therefore, I feel that the HR compliance team will not take such comments of the agency as a negative remarks to avoid you.

Now, on the date of expected joining you should go there and join as usual and for you what is material is the offer letter and as far as you are concerned, whatever you have submitted are enough and sufficient for you to join. Done.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.