No Tags Found!

maximus365
Hi All, I graduated from college with a good GPA in 2020 and joined my first company A in June 2020, where I worked for 1 year and 1 month. 6 months probation period after that I became the permanent. After that, I got an offer from company B on 17th August, and this one wants me to join on 23rd August. I told HR that I would resign and would pay the amount for not serving the notice period. She said the company doesn't give a relieving letter if I leave without serving.

At that time, I didn't know about a relieving letter, EPFO history, BGV, etc, so I sent a resignation mail to them on the 17th, finished all formalities and joined the new company on the 23rd. I got an FNF settlement letter from them as well.

I have the following documents of Company A
1. Offer letter
2. Payslips
3. FNF
4. Bonus letter

Will this be considered as ABSCONDING?

Shall I hide this company in my resume?
Shall I keep this experience in my resume?

From India, Bhiw%u0101ni
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

If you had paid money in lieu of shortfall in notice period then your ex-employer should have issued the proper relieving letter. While offer letter , payslips,FNF , Bonus letter stands as a proof of your past employment the same cannot substituted for relieving letter. Your relieving from the employment can be proved only through proper relieving letter. So please check with your HR dept of Ex-employer for relieving letter. Insist for the same as you had paid money in lieu of notice period.

From India, Madras
maximus365
I haven't paid any amount. HR mentioned that it's not in their policy to provide relieving letter if I didn't serve notice period. They don't want to give relieving letter if I pay the amount.
I send mail to HR if there is any chance but she didn't get respond.

From India, Bhiw%u0101ni
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,
You are supposed to serve proper notice period as per the terms and conditions of your past employment. In the absence of proper notice period employer has the right to deny relieving letter. You may remove this experience from the resume provided no PF /ESI is deducted in your last employment. Also please note that if you remove this experience your 1.1 years experience will go meaningless.

From India, Madras
maximus365
I’m ready to let go that 1.1 experience and I’m not going to mention it in my resume but In EPFO History this company is present. How to convey this new HR if I apply for job?
From India, Bhiw%u0101ni
saswatabanerjee

You have all the documents necessary to prove your employment with that company.
Any new company you apply to, if selected, make it clear to them that you do not have relieving letter from that company but you have a F&F letter, which should be enough for most people. Whether they will hold your not serving notice period against you, I am not in a position to comment on...

From India, Mumbai
maximus365
I decided to not mention this company or experience in my resume because I’m thinking they might be against me. How to handle this situation? Will this affect my career?
From India, Bhiw%u0101ni
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, If PF history available better don’t hide it. But present some convincing reason for not serving the notice period. Never complain about the past employer.
From India, Madras
saswatabanerjee

If you hide this, they are bound to consider that you have something to fear there and automatically you lose.

If it is a large company, possibly the HR person may not even be there to remember that they have a grudge against you. You took a conscious decision not to complete the notice period because the next employer insisted on it. The decision is going to stay with you.

The reaction of each new employer will be different and you cant predict it.
But as Lakshmi says, it the evidence is there, hiding it is a bad idea

From India, Mumbai
maximus365
Thank you for help. Will this affect if I want to pursue ms abroad?
From India, Bhiw%u0101ni
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.