No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I was employed with a company as Manager operations. however, verbaly have been given additional responsibily of purchase as well.

However, on getting a better offer I had to leave the company in week, instead of the committed 2 months’ notice period. I lieu of that I had paid for the rest of the notice period. this is as per the offer letter

Now, I have the following documents:

1.Accepted & stamped resignation Letter

2.No Dues form signed by all the mentioned departments

3.Receipt for payment of notice period

4.Form 16

5.Bank statement (there was no concept of salary slips)

Now on demanding for the resignation, my company took some lower quotes from the market regarding the purchases I did, and is not releasing my relieving letter. instead they are threatening my to come & resolve the issues, and give explainatins. this is after I had already been there 2 times. taking frequent leaves in a new job, can have adverse affects. plus i do not see them releasing the letter even after that.

My new company is demanding for the resignation letter daily.

in the previous company HR is not a very strong group, so can't take much help from them too.

Is there anything I can do regarding that?

From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
I was like to add that all the purchases done were approved by the chairman, before we did the purchase.
Secondly, the purchase rates were high, because the company preferred the purchases to be on credit basis. and being a very remote location, the vendor options were limited. plus me not being from the purchase background added to the matter.

From India, Mumbai
saswatabanerjee

Did you not post the same message a few days earlier ? If so, why are you putting another post rather than update that post ?
From India, Mumbai
Anonymous
as there were not many responses, it's better idea to post in a different category. And please if it's not related to the question, i'll suggest the replies be directed as personal messege, rather than breaking the flow of the question.
From India, Mumbai
sekar2014

I am not a lawyer.
But from the trend I feel the company is wrong in holding your resignation letter. Take out an affidavit the events and send a legal notice to the company. If they dont reply to the notice then, produce that to the new company. Maybe the HR will have some reasoning individuals.
This concept is new about NOC/ resignation acceptance letter/experience letter, etc. This is created by the firms/companies so as to curb flight of manpower. This by itself is a wrong and illegal practice.
Have confidence and go ahead. Everything will not work on your lines/wishes, you have take some courageous decisions.
All the best.
sekar

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.