No Tags Found!

Akshu Puri

Hello All
I have come across a serious issue with one of my employee. She is a developer working on a very prestigious project. From past few days she is behaving in a different way n we came to know from somebody that she is looking for a new job and giving interviews n all.
Now today also she is absent without any information. Now what should be our step in this regard.
1. Should we ask her straight away n tell her to give resignation.
2. Or should we wait for the her next step.
3. In case these rumors turns out to be true then is it possible to stop her experience letter as she is working from past 2.5 months only.
4. Is it necessary for her to give notice period.
Waiting for reply.
Regards
Akshu

From India, Chandigarh
K.Ravi

well well welll big time,,
ur talking as if you are going to remain in this organisation till end of your life :-x:-x
first let her submit resignation and then complete her formalities and WISH HER GOOD LUCK with a SMILE,, not change ur attitude :-D:):icon7::-P

From India, Pune
Akshu Puri

It is not like that but when a person is on a prestigious project he/she need to understand this. I am not against searching of job. i am against the behavior she is showing. her laid back attitude and no respect for her fellow colleagues and seniors. If she will give proper resignation n will serve a notice period we wont be having any problems but if she goes other way i mean if she leave job without information then what should be our step.
From India, Chandigarh
K.Ravi

why u think negative, its all in your thinking,, think positive and dont worry about her,, everything will be fine :-P:-P
From India, Pune
K.Ravi

and its human tendency to stop showing interest once they have thought of change, so your project gonna be doomed,,, :(:(
ask other team members to be in charge of the project but at same time dont make her feel so,, ok

From India, Pune
Ash Mathew

Dear Akshu....

Dont ask the person directly "are u leaving?"
But try to indirectly find out if she is irritated with the work.. becos u may have the solution to remove things that distract her and make the project a successful one. If u ask her she is leaving - then she would fix her mind to leave.
So dont do that, u can always change their decision, if the things can be corrected.
But if she is looking for a better responsibility or just a change in career - then u shuld jus leave it. Ask her if there is something the company can do abt it.

Next:

If she has planned to leave - dont be rude by not giving experience letter. She deserves it. Just do the usual formalities and keep ur companys name in the Good Books of outside and inside ppl.
Becos if u dont be gud to her - she can tell 10 potential employees outside, not to apply here.
She can ruin the whole peaceful atmosphere at work by telling everyone jus how rude the company is.

And dont forget - U can try ur best to retain her.. but only upto a level. if she leaves..no props. Let her serve the notice period and try and find a better candidate.

Take Care

From India, Madras
eme3004

I think its best to make the first move and ask her upfront about it. You may do it diplomatically rather than being more direct. You can ask her about her career plans, whether she is enjoying her work with the organization, any problems she is facing, etc. During this discussion also tell her that the project she is working on is an important one for the company, obviously the organisation would want someone who is willing to stay committed to the company for a decent period of time and be regular at work. Depending on her response, you may take it on from there.

You may observe her behaviour and performance for the next few days. But irrespective of the result of this exercise, its best to have a backup resource for her. Her superior may take a daily update of her work from her. Also regular backup of her work is necessary. This is to safeguard your organsiation from a possibility of losing a key resource deployed on a key project.

As far as her notice period is concerned, she should follow whatever notice she is required to serve as per her appointment letter. In case she does not serve sufficient notice, you can follow whatever practice that is prevalent currently.

From India, Mumbai
namitak

Hi,
Can u guide me on an issue.
I was wrking in a small Co. a few months back. Then I resigned due to certain clashes in the Co.
Nw I want the Form No. 16 frm the Employer, and accordingly I wrote a mail to the A/c. head but she's not bothering evn 2 acknowledge to the mail, and with this attitude of hers I find rare chances of getting it.
Hw can I demand for the Form No. 16 as it my right to get for Filing the Returns:?::?::?:
Mail me a solution at .
Waiting for ur reply.

From India, Pune
namitak

Hi,
Can u guide me on an issue.
I was wrking in a small Co. a few months back. Then I resigned due to certain clashes in the Co.
Nw I want the Form No. 16 frm the Employer, and accordingly I wrote a mail to the A/c. head but she's not bothering evn 2 acknowledge to the mail, and with this attitude of hers I find rare chances of getting it.
Hw can I demand for the Form No. 16 as it my right to get for Filing the Returns:?::?::?:
We were also not given Salary slips. So nw wat is to be done?
Mail me the solution

From India, Pune
valli.talagapu@gmail.com
Hi Namitha
You cant expect the employee to remain all the times same.. its a human tendency to change.. you can avoid that...Dont take the things so seriously.. Its well know that if all of a sudden an individual changes his way of doing things .. it will effect other things and get complicated... but u have to analyse the factors that are compeling her to do so...
It would be better if you can make arrangements for councelling her.. so that she can air out her problems in case if she is facing ....Ask any of her reporting manager to take up the session.. that would be better since she is in the team.. and his reporting manager can analyse her better...
Regards
valli

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.