skantha

Hi All,
I have a doubt whether for an employee getting more than Rs.6500/-(basic+da+retaining allowance if any) can be excluded from paying pf contributions (Employers part) ?
plz reply to my prob
Regards
SKANTHA

From India, Hyderabad
jishnuvn

Dear Skantha,
If an employee is receiving salary more that Rs.6500/-, then you can exclude him from EPF ( ie, No deduction from Employee Salary and no payment of Employer Contribution)
Jishnu.V.Nair
Tax & EPF Consultant
Kerala

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
malikjs

dear skantha mr jishnu is absolutely right.however employer has to take declaration on form 11 that he was not member of EPF in previous organisation. tks js malik
From India, Delhi
p ramachandran

If an employee drawing more than Rs.6500 at the time of joining, he can be excluded from pf contribution. but when an employees is crossing Rs.6500 salary being a pf member he cannot quit but he is to contribute pf for Rs.6500 and not on his total salary.
From India, Madras
kavita.tandon07

Hi,
An employee joining an org with more than 6500/- as salary can be exempted from the PF contibution However if an employee at the time of joing was earning less than 6500/- & paying PF contribution then he has an option to staop the contribution only for the amount earned over & above 6500/- only.
Trust this clarifies
Kavita Tandon

From India, Pune
jagan3110

Hi All,
On joining if an employee is drawing 6000/-(Basic+DA+RA). He will contribute towards PF. After one year of service if his pay increases and if his pay is 7000(Basic+DA+RA), he will continue to be member of PF.
However, if a person joins an organisation first time in his career and he pay is 7000/-(Basic+DA+RA), he can be excluded from PF. But in this case also an employee can become the member of PF with the approval of his employer and PF Commissioner.
Generally, in most of the organisation employees who are drawing more than 6500/- are member of PF.
Regards
Jagan

From India, New Delhi
skantha

Thank You verymuch Sir,a small question again If that particualr employee ( getting here More than Rs.6500/-) is new employee in my organisation and having pf membership in his previous organisation he wants to transfer his pf amount to the new account of this organisation how far we are bound to pay pf contributions from employer side.
Thanks and Regards
Skantha

From India, Hyderabad
chandra Bhushan Sharma

Dear Skantha,
Your responsibility towards contribution i.e. from the employer side will start from the date of joining duty even in case, the transfer of PF account may have some delay.
Hope this clarify.
Thanks & Regards,
C. Bhushan Sharma

From India, Nagpur
ravit_72@yahoo.com

Dear All,
If an employee joins an organization where his basic is kept more than 6500/- can not be deprived him from PF benefit if this employee was already a member of PF in the previous organization. Maximum the current employer can restrict his liablity upto 6500/- but can not stop him to become a member in his organization.
Ravi Gupta

From India, New Delhi
kannanrajaram

If I join a organization and my Basic is way above 6500, can the employer FORCE me to contribute 12% of Basic? What should I do to prevent my employer from contributing more than mandated by law? I assume that since I am joining new, I should be able contribute nothing even if I have been a member before. Please help soon, as I need to reply to the offer ASAP. From all I have read, all I need to do is to give a declaration (in Form 11?) and that is it!
From India, Hyderabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.