shytal
good one...thnkx Sunita....but i feel this would demotivate him which mamgement dosent want..as i told management wants to take such decision that he dsent gets demotivated also and properly punished for his this henious act....
From India, Bangalore
sourabh.dwivedi
Hi,

Firstly accept my apology as i am not an HR but still very frequent viewer of this website. I am a hard core operations guy. This topic had dragged my attention and trust me i had gone through the entire replies posted by other member's of this forum. Only answer which i liked was by Alwar. I had encountered such kind of scenario some time back in my previous organization. Action which i called was

1. Call the culprit and victim in my cabin

2. Listen to both the sides

3. Maintained the privacy as the issue was sensitive and related to someone's life as well as image

4. Moment i came to know that the incident is correct and its not an allegation, I called COPS in my office premises

5. Called Lady police and then moved to police station in person.

6. Involved management into it and our organization Lawyer had fought case for that lady employee on our cost.

7.Culprit is still behind bars and case is on.

8. Girl got justice and no one came to know about this incidence.

What i want to convey is such kind of people are not human beings, they are bloody animals and they are suppose to be either shot dead or place them behind bars.No Gandhigiri and all for them. They will never understand your message.

From India, Mumbai
RRyet
Dear Priya,
ROll out a campaign to review the Sexual Harassment policy at the office, select a few names including this Employee as the reviewers, Let the info flow out on a public platform, make sure a close ended date for review report to be submitted, supply a copy of the Official Policy and a copy of Supreme courts order regading the issue, you may add an activity to collect some views on the same or a survey as apart of the report.
Bet this will be within the ambits of your Gandhigiri and at the same time will be very effective.
The employee will be enlightenedd of the following:-
1. Official views over the issue
2. Law of the Land and legal implecations.
3. A sly pointer that he is under the scanner
4. Will have to suggest punitive actions for defaulters (which may be utilized as 'From Horses Mouth' in the subsequent councelling).
Rgds
RR

From India, Delhi
kriyaz

Hi,
GANDHIGIRI DOES NOT MEAN WEAKNESS OR MEEKNESS.
I don't know to what is the gravity of the offense, but forget about the Munnabhai Stuff
and get into the legal stuff.
If someone has committed a fault he should get punished for it as per the Law.
The lady should be counselled to maintain her composure and dignity.
Please don't compromise on your standards, else it will become a precedence and next time this case will be quoted and people will be let off.

From India, Delhi
sap2010
What else are your company looking for ?
Just file a FIR with the police station & immediately terminate him from the services.
As it's a case of sexual harassment Gandhigiri should not be done here.
Regards,
Singh S

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.