sanju joshi

Lato ke bhoot bato se nahi mante. I agree with Alwar. Terminate him from immediate effect. If you will continue him he will do the same with other also.
From India, Ahmadabad
Jigsaw1978

I believe that woman power is very misused in most cases. However you have not clarified whether its a male employee or a female employee who has been harassed. In case of a woman employee who has complained i would suggest that you please investigate the matter first and then take disciplinary action.
From India, Chandigarh
job_connect_consultancy

Though sexual herrassment is a shameful incident . I agree with jigshaw and can only add femles should wear decent dress in offices , else guys will always stare the lady . Also make a rule that no one should wear too weastern clothes ..
Investigate the matter first , remember what ever a woman tell against a guy ,our Indian law first put him behind bars then looks into the matter if he is innocent or not.

From India, Mumbai
sumeetmotwani
Just draft a simple mail & mention the entire incident
Do not mention the names, use terms like a male employee of our company
there would definitely be talks and the incident will be in lime lite
However since you dont mention the name you dont need to answer to anyone.
Besides this will be a lesson for all the employees.
Thx
Sumeet

From India, Thana
Ravi (HR)

Management should collect the addresses of his relatives and well knowns and should send a letter at his expense to all of them for awareness of his ravishing act and this letter should be signed by the culprit itself. No need to forgive him (As per Ms.Poonam Mehra) or call him like bhaiya and instead increase his timing in the office with demotion. Now a days no one listen/obey Gandhigiri so strict punishment as per my above views will be good lesson for him/her. OR better to gather culprits friends & relative in a party and disclose his misdeed. Such strict action will give lesson to others also and India can become original India as of past.
From India, Delhi
C V Ambilwade
The organisation should initiate disciplinary action against him. If it is found that he is guilty, he may be given punishment like withholding of increment with cumulative effect so that he may not repeat such instance in future.
From India, Mumbai
pankajvg
Investigate the case properly first, if he is found guilty then direct termination.
When he knew the comany policy for sexual Harassment how could he even dare .
I think he is confident enough that nothing would happen to him in this company .
My suggestion would be Termination is the best way to teach an lesson.
Regards
Pankaj

From United States, Hopkinton
resh7881
hi
In my view this is very rubish acitivities. because none has right to do sexual harasement. i will say that the person muct get strict punishment and warning. because its not acceptable behavior. I know one org where 1 lady had complained in some womans's org for such harasement, then the government officer had came there in comapny to check everything. even the all ladies were also been called in government office for inqury about how the are being treat in org. such incidents will be having v bad impact of org baceuse it will become matter of market impression. So if an org wants to have good market repo then it should be very alert about such cheap managers or executives. Girls are working under them it does not mean that they are their properties. I mean what i say. Job in only a porffesional matter and girls also shoyld be treated in proffesional manners.
regards
rashmi

From India, Mumbai
vkokamthankar

• Since no details of case are disclosed, it is not possible to know the nature, degree and frequency of sexual harassment in this case to suggest right course of action and punishment.

• Posted query gives a impression that, it is a fit case to terminate the employee but for some strange and undisclosed reasons management does not want to terminate accused and instead wants to let him off lightly by giving ‘gandhigiri punishment’. This appears to be a sort of Window-dressing and attempt to conclude serious matter in a hush-hush manner.

• Such incidence demands proper and fair investigation and accused needs to be punished accordingly. Gandhigiri types of punishments are okay in cases of less serious nature. Gandhigiri is more aimed at public humiliation, embracement and publicity, but has no place in legal system.

• A serious matter needs to be dealt seriously and accused need not be let off lightly under the guise of Gandhigiri.

• It is important to protect victim and her rights. Gandhigiri types of punishments suggested by members are going to give unnecessary publicity to victim and whole incident which she must be struggling to come out of. Instead of giving any sort of relief to victim gandhigiri may cause public humiliation and trauma to her.

Thanks & Regards

From India, Pune
manishgupta1981

Hi all,
gandhigiri is to terminate him, this is serious misconduct (ofcourse if it is proven)
gandhigiri is to obey laws of the country and to give justice through the system.
From ur q it is clear that person in q is of higher position, fight against him and ask management brick theif & sexual harrasment can not be compared at all.
Think if that happens to u or to ur relative or to management or their female relatives??? What they do?
I think they will beat the guy to death
use empathy
manish gupta

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.