No Tags Found!

cdrao
one of our employee had taken VRS in indian Navy and joined in 2005. His date of birth is 10/2/1947. he had served upto 31/3/14. Is he eligible for gratuity. As per our company policy retirement age is 60 years.
From India, Kakinada
pon1965

Are you a HR person in Indian Navy? In what way gratuity eligibility is linked to retirement age? If an employee is in continuous service for 5 yrs, he is entitled for gratuity. Pon
From India, Lucknow
Sidhesh Bandodkar

Dear Mr. Rao,
Please refer to the Payment of Gratuity Act for the exact comprehension of the act.
As per the act an Employee is eligible for receiving gratuity only if he is separated from the organisation and prior to his separation he has been in continuous service with the same organisation for not less than 5 years.
Therefore, the criteria of retirement or otherwise is immaterial. But completion of 5 years and separation thereafter is important.
Trust you will get your answer as above.
Regards,
Sidhesh Bandodkar.

From India, Panaji
sibabrata.majumdar

Dear Friend,
The concerned employee has served for more than 5 years on continuous basis and as such he is eligible for Gratuity under the Gratuity Act. The payment of Gratuity is no way connected with retirement age.
I am in agreement with the views given by other colleagues in this regard.
Sibabrata Majumdar
Management Consultant - Legal & HR
Kolkata, Mb:9830023706

From India, Calcutta
skjohri1

Dear friend, The question raised by you is of elementary nature, I wish you could go through the Payment of Gratuity Act. Even now it is not too late, this will help you in the long run. S.K.Johri
From India, Delhi
fc.vadodara@nidrahotels.com

Apart from what seniors has advised you with regards to Gratuity, I could not understand your query, you say as per company policy retirement age is 60 years so the employee is supposed to retire in Feb 2007 as his DOB is 10/2/1947, instead you say that the employee had served your company upto 31/3/14 which is yet to come and as per the calculation he has worked more than 7 years after his/her retirement age i.e. 67 years.
From India, Ahmadabad
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.