No Tags Found!

Anonymous
I had retired from service in August 2023.
Now, I have some incomplete paper work during service period. I also admitted the mistakes in writing to the management and completed most of them. Still I had some incomplete paper works before retirement.
I have got all my dues from the company.
Now my question is that –
1) Can the company take legal action against me for my incomplete paper work, showing my written admittion of mistake?
2) Please also mention the time period, during which the Company can take legal action against me.

From India, Kolkata
Madhu.T.K

There cannot be an agreement which will extend beyond the employment unless any post retirement remuneration is offered to the employee. In government service, the payment of pension will justify extension of some benefits beyond termination of contract of employment but in private service there is no such bonding and once the contract of employment is terminated, due to any reason including retirement, there ends the employee- employer relationship. There is no benefits flowing thereafter. The pension from the EPF is not a gift by the employer but it is a statutory payment for contribution to a fund for a certain years (ten years and above) and as such the same cannot be considered as a consideration against which the employee can be asked to do certain things. Of course, if the employer wishes to get the things done, he can employ you for another term, say six months, so that the work can be completed by paying certain amount as salary as agreed.
From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.