No Tags Found!

mpratish22@gmail.com

Is it mandatory to collect hard copies for employee’s reimbursement i.e., mobile/ Internet/Food/Travel expense reimbursement (as per norms). If yes, please share the notification number. Or can all types of employee’ reimbursements be submitted in soft copy?
From India, Bangalore
rkn61

What notification do you require for this?
Whether the supporting vouchers for Claims by Employees, be in soft copy or hand copy
depending upon your Company's procedure and your Accounting system.
We can not give any comment for this.

From India, Aizawl
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, It is mandatory collect hard copy of supporting bills for reimbursements. soft copy is not advisable.
From India, Madras
raghunath_bv

Hi Mprati

There isn't a universal standard or regulation that mandates whether employee reimbursement receipts must be submitted in hard copy or soft copy. The specific policies regarding reimbursement documentation may vary from company to company, and they may also depend on local regulations or tax laws.

In many cases, companies are transitioning towards accepting digital or soft copies of receipts for expense reimbursement. This is because electronic documentation is often easier to manage, store, and process.

If you are inquiring about a specific company's policy, you should consult your organization's employee handbook or contact the HR or finance department for the most up-to-date and accurate information. If your company has a specific policy, it should be clearly outlined in their official documentation.

Thanks,

From India, Bangalore
Madhu.T.K

Even a declaration by the employee concerned to the effect that he has incurred the amount is sufficient in many organisations. Whether to submit copies in soft, hard or to give a declaration depends on the company policy. However, for certain reimbursements like house rent, the employer will ask for lease deed or rent receipt in hard copy as mandated by the Income Tax Act.
From India, Kannur
mpratish22@gmail.com

Thank you All for your reply.
I thought of explaining my question in detail.

I want to know if the supporting vouchers for Claims by Employees are in soft copy or hand copy. Also, I am interested to know are they any verdict in Income tax says that all employee reimbursement should be in hard copy.

I came to know 9.13-Companies (Accounts) Rules,2014. Manner of books pf account to be kept in electronic mode:- On this grounds, we can still submit the employee reimbursement in Soft copy. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have attached the notification (The Companies Act, 2013 (SECTION 128), The Companies (Accounts) Rules, 2014)

From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf 9.13-Companies (Accounts) Rules,2014.pdf (16.9 KB, 11 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.