Sairag1976
Hi all i am job less for a few months. My last drawn CTC is 5 L(PA), but due to financial strains, i am ready to accept 3 L(PA) job offer.
My question is if i get a job for 6 L(PA) will the company be ready to give 5.5L(PA) at least based on my previous drawn salary? I am having 16 years of experience.

From India, Delhi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Once you accept 3 LPA offer subsequently when you look for a change most of the Employers will fix salary based on the current salary only which is 3 LPA. However you need to substantiate with new employer that already you were drawing 5 LPA and due to family situation had accepted 3LPA offer. It depends on your role and skill set you possess.

Also leaving current company( 3LPA offer) within short period will be perceived negatively.

So take a call. If you are very much confident of getting a job offer more than 5LPA then please hold on and don't be hasty in accepting 3LPA offer.

From India, Madras
rkn61

Hello,

A job aspirant will have a bargaining power only when he is currently working and drawing salary. Once you become jobless for a few months, for some reasons, you will not be able to exercise your bargaining power/negotiating power. Only option available to you is to accept the job with lesser CTC OR do not accept this job offer and wait for a better opportunity to come. But remember, as the gap of your unemployment increases, you will not be able to bargain much when you accept a job offer, at that point of time. So please weigh both these factors and take a decision which suits you best.

From India, Aizawl
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.