No Tags Found!

suresh-chandra-joshi
An employee joined the company today!!! after some time (after two / three Month), he has died. so, nominee will be eligible for pension or not???
From India
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

Pension for the Family if the EPFO member dies during active service term
A member’s family/dependents will be eligible for the pension in the following cases:

If the EPFO member dies while in active service and the employer has deposited funds in his/her EPS account for at least one month.
If the EPFO member has completed 10 years of service and dies before reaching the age of 58 years.
If the EPFO member dies after the start of the monthly pension

Important criteria is that the employee should be a contributing Member to PF on the day of Death.

From India, Madras
suresh-chandra-joshi
Thanks sir your prompt response.

but sir my question is for example, if any employee today joined our originations but unfortunately, he has died after some time. so, his family/nominee will be eligible for the pension yes or not. if they have not eligible so what is the criteria and how much days required.

From India
alok-singh1

Dear Suresh, In your case Nominee is eligible to TAKE pension benefit.

vmlakshminarayanan

Hi Suresh Please refer the reply already given If the EPFO member dies while in active service and the employer has deposited funds in his/her EPS account for at least one month.
From India, Madras
Anonymous
as per my understating is 240 days must be for the eligibility. its ok or not. please correct me. sir’s your answer is very valuable for me.
From India
karunakaran24

Dear Friend he should work for 240 working days - EPF Wont pay for 2-5-8 months worked employees...
as per discussion with EPF Officer long back. hence you submit the application will reject- we have seen some cases @ Bangalore

KARUNAKARAN Y N
Principal Consultant
KLP CORPORATE SERVICES

From India, Bangalore
KK!HR

There is no 240 days criteria for EPS benefit. The family is eligible. Once the employee is enrolled as a member of EPF Scheme, EDLI benefit and EPS accrues automatically.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.