Mohamed salman
Greetings to all,

My name is Salman, am newly joined one Hypermarket as a Hr Co-Ordinator.work everything okay but the problem is they provide accommodation wih the labour.I don't know how to explain to my management in letter format what kind of problems I might face if am with the labour.so help me to make the letter .

Thanks and Regards
Mohamed salman

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

What are the problems you are facing by staying along with Laborers ?

My observation is that by staying along with the Laborers you will develop congenial relationship with them which will be useful for you to get the work done. Other opposite side of this situation is you cannot be so rigid with them on disciplinary grounds.

But it is very common in Middle East, Employers providing sharing accommodation for their employees considering the cost factor.

From India, Madras
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Mohamad Salman,

I understand your concern. A person expects to rub shoulders with persons of equal stature. Dealing with the lower-level class makes one uneasy. Anyway, the draft of the letter for the change of accommodation could be as below:

+++++

Request for the Change of Accommodation

Dear Sir,

1. I joined __________ (complete name of your company), as ______ (your designation) on ______ (date of joining). The company administration was gracious to provide me with accommodation. I am being accommodated at _______ (brief address of your accommodation).

2. Along with me, persons from ________ (name of the department(s)) stay with me. Nothing wrong as such with these persons, however, the average employee expects to live with persons of equal stature. Whether the accommodation is provided by the company or otherwise, in the shared accommodation, a healthy exchange of views with the associates takes place and many times it serves in broadening the horizons. However, my fellow occupants are too raw and the rawness of their behaviour sometimes puts me in an awkward situation.

3. In childhood, I learned the English proverb, birds of a feather flock together. Now I have understood what happens when the birds of the feather do not flock together.

4. Lastly, about the department I work in. I am from the HR department. Though HR professionals are expected to be friendly, they are also expected to maintain a discreet distance from one and all. This is because HR professionals deal with matters of discipline or indiscipline. By chance, if the need arises, then because of my informal interaction with them, I may not be able to assertiveness expected from the HR professional.

5. In view of the above, may I request you to provide me with suitable accommodation where I can deal with my fellow employees easily? While putting forth this request, I wish to clarify that I have complete respect for those who stay with me. They have not given to me the trouble of any kind. My request does not mean I have a little extra sense of self-worth or I wish to reduce the dignity of my fellow occupants. My request pertains to the state of uneasiness I am passing through. If given proper accommodation, this uneasiness could get replaced with contentment which, in turn, will help me in discharging my duties effectively.

Warm regards,

______ (your complete name)

+++++

A Note of Protest: - Generally, I recommend members write the draft of the letters on their own. However, I have not done this in your case as the quality of your post is too inferior. Tenses are taught in the first 2-3 years since the student starts learning English. However, you do not meet that basic requirement also. I am appalled by the brazenness with which you have flaunted your poor English. Well gentleman, inadvertently you have brought out your weakness. Start working to overcome this weakness otherwise, this very weakness could pull back the growth of your career.

All the best!

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
audnis

In Gulf countries this is the most embarrassing situation for an employee who is in the management side like HR, Finance, Safety, Inspection etc. are put along with the regular employees. Each room may contact 2 to 4 and at times double cot has even 8 peoples as per the size of the room.
Say if an employee has an issue with the HR this employee who is with normal worker in the accommodation will be in trouble. There are innumerable happenings that these employees has to be in constant tension as one or the other employee will bring pressure with his others.
As you are already in HR you see if others are given separate section away from worker accommodation. Accordingly approach the Management by verbal talk. Don't put anything in writing.
You can explain to them the circumstances you faced with them. Some company then may then tell you we give you this much as allowance and you stay outside. Then the cost factor the allowance against the actual expenditure you have to be prepared for it. Also transport from Accommodation to work will be by the company. Then if you stay outside you have spend for the transport to reach the office on time.
Each place has their own problem, so gulf life is not what you think you will get. So better be positive and try to manage the situation.

From Saudi Arabia
Raghunath Sabat

Here is a sample letter you can use as a guide:

Subject: Request for Separate Accommodation for HR Co-Ordinator

Dear [Management's Name],

I hope this letter finds you in good health and spirits. I am writing to express my concern regarding the accommodation arrangements made for me as the HR Co-Ordinator of the Hypermarket.

As per the current arrangement, I am required to share the accommodation with the laborers, which I believe could lead to a few potential problems. Firstly, as the HR Co-Ordinator, I have certain responsibilities and obligations towards the employees, including maintaining confidentiality and ensuring a professional work environment. Sharing the same accommodation with the laborers might compromise this professional boundary.

Secondly, there are certain safety and security concerns that I would like to raise. As a HR Co-Ordinator, I might need to carry sensitive information, and sharing the accommodation with the laborers could potentially expose it to unauthorized individuals.

Given these considerations, I would respectfully request that I be provided with separate accommodation. I understand that this might require some additional expense on the part of the management, and I am willing to contribute my part towards it.

I would like to express my gratitude for the support and understanding that the management has shown towards me thus far, and I hope that you will consider my request. I am looking forward to your positive response.

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.

Sincerely,
Salman
HR Co-Ordinator, Hypermarket

Note: This letter can be edited as per your specific requirements and the situation.

From India, Mumbai
s.tiwari@accelindia.com

Dear Mr. Salman, Simply write a letter to your head to change your room or transfer the worker from your room. From: Sanjay Tiwari M: 9727704102
From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.