No Tags Found!

Anonymous

Hi Sir, I had joined a company on 19th September, 2022. But I didn't like the profile. So, I had put my resignation on 2nd October, 2022. They were neither responding nor taking the assets (for which they have deducted 10,000 Rs. from my first salary). But after so much request they have replied today that I have to serve one month notice or the salary in lieu if i don't serve. But I cannot do it as I have to find other opportunities asap. If I don't serve notice or pay what step they will take? I am ready to return their assets whether they will ask me to do.
From India, Delhi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Strictly speaking notice period will not be a criteria for such short resignation. However as they are insisting why not you can complete your notice period and get relieved properly ?
From India, Madras
Anonymous

Actually I have worked 10 days only and have one more offer from another company. They want me to join ASAP. I cannot serve notice here in current company as they are asking to travel every day.
From India, Delhi
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi, Even if you are not in a position to serve notice hand over all company assets with you to them and get acknowledgement. If you are ok with Termination, then it is your call.
From India, Madras
KK!HR

This is now becoming an alarming trend. Accept job offer and even join service without understanding the organisational culture and soon repentance starts and the endeavour is how to get away from the obligations created already. Now, what is the surety that the next organisation is any better?
If as per your contract of appointment there is one month's notice then it has to be fulfilled.

From India, Mumbai
indu 182

After going through questioner correspondence, It is not he is not liking current company it little batter salary from other company. You have wasted precious time of the company hiring you and doing essential paper work. Now they have to go through same rehearsal of hiring another person in your place. Why you are expecting leniency from the present company when you have put them in a difficult situation.
From India, New Delhi
Anonymous

Please note, I'm going at a package lower than this. This company had told me I'll be doing B2B sales. But now they are asking me do both b2c and b2b in which I'm supposed to travel to their dealer shops every day. Being a female I'm not seeing long term in this profile. That's why I'm leaving. If employer has to do a lot of process to board an employee, similarly employee also puts a lot of effort in getting job and settling in a good company. But life always gives disclaimer after good moments and same happened with me. But people will say I'm running behind money, etc etc. I'm running behind work life balance and good profile and work culture.
From India, Delhi
indu 182

Dear You have posted your query as anonymous and not cleared all the fact. If you post a query with half detail nobody can give you right answer. If there is difference in job responsibilities you can tell them in black and white. And have a discussion with HR. If they do not agree with you take your call . Further one month is nothing it will fly till the time you are posting your query etc.
From India, New Delhi
Vaishalee Parkhi

Hello Anonymous,

It is completely understood how does it feel when you are hired for a certain profile and then required to do something else. However, there is always other options to deal with it. Wasn't it worthwhile to be vocal about it and strongly ask for what was promised?

Besides, even if you don't want to continue with current company, a graceful exit in a responsible way is expected, especially when the company and the candidate both have invested same amount of time and efforts. Isn't it?

Don't take me wrong, but perhaps it seems you want to quickly escape from the situation. Instead, I would suggest, keep calm, serve the notice period as mentioned in the Appointment letter and walk out in peace.

Further, when posting such queries, offer essential details in your post so the learned members here can suggest rightful act based on the details.

All the best for future!

From India, Pune
Anonymous

Today the employable age makes it superiority for them as freshers. Because all companies advertise looking for freshers.
Now you accepted an offer and not even completed one month you suddenly jump to another. My first point is be true to yourself. See that the payment of one month is your investment and just move ahead by either paying the amount or giving deduction from your pay and be grateful to your employer.
Down the line of your Career in the future god knows the same executive may interview you in another company or reject you as unreliable looking at your photo in the CV itself.
Don't think you can get away with this by argument as destiny will be after you to a similar situation. The world is small and your face is your index to your professional world.
Rest is left to you to decide wisely or face the music.
After writing the reply I observe that he is agitated with his responsibilities. He has not edited his question with full details but starting an arguments. First I thought he is in IT. But when he writes B2B & B2C he doesn't want to learn but expect white collar job of B2B sitting at one place.
Opportunities does not strike frequently. I see many product executives in marketing who do visit distributors and customers to know the end user details and be a Research people for the company to improve the product and innovation. With out customer there is no business and it apply to even a Shop.

From Saudi Arabia
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.