No Tags Found!

sunil-kumar-vasudevan
Dear Sir,

I have two queries on gratuity.

1. I joined on 1-SEP-2017 and planning to leave on 31-AUG-22, Am i eligible to claim gratuity.

2. My company HQ is in CHINA, when i joined in 1-SEP-2017 there was no Indian subsidiary and i was paid from HQ. In Oct-2019, Indian subsidary was established and i was paid from Indian Subsidiary.

Please advise :

firstly am i eligible for GRATUITY.

Best Regards

P.V.Sunil Kumar.

From United States
Madhu.T.K

There are a few things to be made clear.
1. How many employees are there in your establishment?
2. Did you have an office in India when you joined in 2017?
3. Did you have continuous service in the company with each year of service contributing to at least 240 days in each year?

Only establishments having an office in India with at least 20 employees will be covered by Payment of Gratuity Act. It is immaterial from which office, ie, whether from the HO in China or from the subsidiary company, you receive salary but what is important is that you should have received your salary in India for at least 240 days in each year. This shall also include any service abroad on any work arrangement as an extension of service in India.

From India, Kannur
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.