No Tags Found!

samip-panigrahi
I have tendered my resignation from the post of Branch Manager in a Nationalised Bank through official mail on 22nd July 2022. Nobody ever tried to find out why am I resigning. I continued at the branch till the last day of July 2022. I took verbal permission of going on Privilege Leave from 1st August and applied for 1 month PL in our Bank HR Package. Now they are calling me daily informing me that I have no right of availing leave during the notice period and asking me to take permission from the Leave sanctioning Authority. I have genuine health issues. Do they have the right to reject my leave application? I have an 82 PL balance.
From India, Bhubaneswar
Madhu.T.K

You are a branch manager and obviously, you should possess managerial powers and as such you will not get the protection of Industrial Disputes Act. Moreover, your organisation being a public sector unit, should be having your own service rules which would clearly mention about the Pl during notice period. Still, the objection by the authorities that you cannot avail your eligible leave on very genuine ground should be viewed very seriously.
From India, Kannur
nanu1953

It appears from the original post that you have some improper relationship with bank management. Being Branch Manager of one nationalized bank you know it better than anyone that just applying leave in HRMS is not sufficient. Until and unless the leave sanctioning authority approved the applied leave, it has no value.

IF you have a genuine health reason, please forward necessary documentation to bank authority - hospitalization related papers if any, Doctor's prescription and advice mentioning that you need to take rest etc. Otherwise it will appear that you are intentionally absenting without sanctioning of leave.

Sanctioning PL is absolutely the jurisdiction of the higher authority specially when you have submitted your paper. But for genuine medical emergency , I hope that the sanctioning authority will think it differently and probably sanction your leave.

S K Bandyopadhyay ( WB, Howrah)

From India, New Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.