No Tags Found!

Shycat
Hello all, Good evening! Hope you all are keeping well. I wish to raise a point. Let me know your thoughts.

A friend of mine recently left his job after 14 months. It wasn't a resignation on notice period but a spot on.

The reasons were varied starting from Salary Hike not delivered as promised even after very good performance, Pending Incentive/Bonus for over 2 months, lack of transparency and toxic work atmosphere.

Now, He had taken some Salary advance earlier. It was adjusted in Jan Salary and the other half was supposed to be adjusted in Feb. Due to his sudden departure, it wasn't possible.

Now the HR is after the pending advance salary and making a nuisance out of it by giving threats on and off.

I somehow feel that HR owes to him much than he does. Check out the below points :

1. He had worked for 6 days before resigning and that money is almost double that of the advance Salary.

2. Also, the pending Incentive/Bonus is also a bigger amount compared to the advance salary.

3. Besides, he hasn't taken into consideration the F n' F.

4. The money from point 1 & 2 could be easily adjusted to solve the issue.

Please feel free to mention your valuable advice regarding the matter.

From India, Kolkata
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Shycat,

Gone through your post. You have written, "Now the HR is after the pending advance salary and making a nuisance out of it by giving threats on and off."

The clarification is needed here. To recover the salary advance from the employee, it is HR's duty to follow up. The HR was doing their duty. If you wish to consider it a nuisance be as it may.

Why did your friend not serve a notice period? What are the terms of separation? What is the length of the notice period he was required to serve? What about the payment to the company in lieu of the notice period?

Did your friend raise grievance for his perceived injustice to him? If yes, then how did he do it and what was the reply from the administration of the company?

Now your friend may write a letter to the company explaining to them what dues he owes to the company and what company owes to him. He can work out the details on his own. Has he done that and if not, then why has he not done that?

Please clarify the above points.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.